Lupul vs. Goc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How can you even compare? They havent played much at all, but Lupol has played at least a full season. He scored a decent amount, but who the heck knows.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Just let me clarify on what I said earlier.

I said it wasn't close, Lupul decisively.

This is nothing against Goc, but I'm high on Lupul and think he's going to be a premier player when he's 25-26.

mkc2

Oct 18, 2003
Well, it depends on how you defind a good player! If who has more point = better player, than it is Lupul, however, I think in order to be a good player you need way more than that! I think it is too early to tell right now!

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
I don't really know either player, I only really saw Lupul play when he dominated the youngstars game. With Goc, I only saw him play one game in the AHL. I live in Cleveland, and a bunch of buddies and I went down to a Barons game. Goc looked EXCELLENT. He scored 2 goals, IIRC, and had a few assists. I never heard of the guy before I went to the game either. We saw them play Hamilton, so the only player I realy heard much about was Marcel Hossa. :dunno: was a fun time though, I need to go to more Barons games. I really want to see them play Grand Rapids so I can watch the Wings prospects

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
well in 3-5 years you guys can have your great all around player i will take the first line 35-40 goal scorer instead (LUPUL). :)

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
McDonald19 said:
well in 3-5 years you guys can have your great all around player i will take the first line 35-40 goal scorer instead (LUPUL). :)

Lupul is not going to get to 40g in today's NHL, 30 is the max for him. We only had 0 50 goal scorers, 3 40 goal, & only 17 30 goal scorers and Lupul is not going to get into the 40 goal list.

Goc: 20-25g/40-50pt + very good defense + great faceoffs + makes players around him better

Lupul: 25g-30g/50-60pt + defense not as good as Goc but alright.

Which would I take? I would want the more complete Goc.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Lupul will have a 40 goal season...goal scoring is what he does...

Maybe I'm a homer for being glad we have a future first line allstar winger...but your a bigtime homer for saying you are glad to have the more complete player rather than the natural goal scorer...

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
dumpnchase said:
Lupul is not going to get to 40g in today's NHL, 30 is the max for him. We only had 0 50 goal scorers, 3 40 goal, & only 17 30 goal scorers and Lupul is not going to get into the 40 goal list.

Goc: 20-25g/40-50pt + very good defense + great faceoffs + makes players around him better

Lupul: 25g-30g/50-60pt + defense not as good as Goc but alright.

Which would I take? I would want the more complete Goc.

Goc:will he stick up for teammates or drop the gloves?

Lupul:already shown to stick up for his teammates and loves to stir things up with the other team.

those things are part of being a complete player too.

X-SHARKIE

McDonald19 said:
Goc:will he stick up for teammates or drop the gloves?

Lupul:already shown to stick up for his teammates and loves to stir things up with the other team.

those things are part of being a complete player too.

Goc has been in 2 altercations this year in the AHL alone. He's not a fighter by nature, but he has thrown the gloves down.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Lupul should get 40 goals sometime in his career, fairly easily, even in this era. He has an incredible shot, and at like 19 has the second best shot on the whole Ducks team. It can only go up from here, and it looks as if he'll have a promising future as a goal scorer.

Goc will be a great all-around player in the future, but it likely won't compare to Lupul's scoring prowess. This thread sort of reminds me of the Lupul vs. Upshall threads, where Lupul was considered to get more points, and be the better scorer, but Upshall was considered to be way better all-around.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
ducksflytogether said:
Lupul should get 40 goals sometime in his career, fairly easily, even in this era. He has an incredible shot, and at like 19 has the second best shot on the whole Ducks team. It can only go up from here, and it looks as if he'll have a promising future as a goal scorer.

Goc will be a great all-around player in the future, but it likely won't compare to Lupul's scoring prowess. This thread sort of reminds me of the Lupul vs. Upshall threads, where Lupul was considered to get more points, and be the better scorer, but Upshall was considered to be way better all-around.

Fairly easily? 3 players out of 700+ get just over 41 goals, but Lupul will do it without breaking a sweat.

*plonk*

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fleury14 said:
Fairly easily? 3 players out of 700+ get just over 41 goals, but Lupul will do it without breaking a sweat.

*plonk*

Goal scoring is what the kid does man...He's a natural at it...wow maybe he doesn't have the all around play of Goc...but I'll take the pure goal scorer any day over a nice all around player...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Fleury14 said:

*plonk*

What I meant was that it won't take him untill he's 37 to hit 40 goals. He should be able to hit it when he's around 25-26.

But yeah, Lupul has an incredible shot. He'll also have many over 20 goal seasons and many 30+ ones too.

It's gonna be great to have him on the Ducks the next couple years.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
ducksflytogether said:
What I meant was that it won't take him untill he's 37 to hit 40 goals. He should be able to hit it when he's around 25-26.

But yeah, Lupul has an incredible shot. He'll also have many over 20 goal seasons and many 30+ ones too.

It's gonna be great to have him on the Ducks the next couple years.

He MIGHT get 40 in this era if he is on a better team but not with the ducks.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
dumpnchase said:
He MIGHT get 40 in this era if he is on a better team but not with the ducks.

a better team? what more could Lupul ask for than to play on a line with Sergei Fedorov??

but lets compare our teams since u brought it up...

San Jose: in NHL since 91
Anaheim: in NHL since 93

San Jose: ZERO appearances in Stanley Cup Finals
Anaheim: ONE appearance in Stanley Cup Finals

San Jose: Missed playoffs in 02/03
Anaheim: Missed playoffs in 03/04

next season: ??

WuRtZLeSs

It's not a completely outlandish thought to assume that goal scoring follows some sort of cycle. While scoring is down, this year is by no means a template for all future seasons.. especially if efforts are taken by the NHL to increase scoring. With that said, it's by no means unreasonable to assume Lupul won't be able to hit 40, maybe even consistently if he does put it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->