Lupul looking good, Ducks cursed

Status
Not open for further replies.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Lupul is playing awesome on a line with Chistov and Pahlsson.. he's been one of the Ducks best players so far but the puck just won't go in the net.

Since I know so many people were down on him, have you seem him play so far and how do you feel?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Lupul was really good tonight, had alot of jump. But how on Earth did he miss that goal off the feed from Chistov, he had the whole net to shoot at with Lalime still on the other post, and he ripped it 3 feet over the net. That was an unreal pass by Chistov.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Chistov has unbelievable hands but that's for a different thread.

Lupul has been missing all over the place.. I think he's still got a case of the nerves. Of course the whole team has been missing all over the place.

I think the Chistov-Getlzaf-Lupul line is going to kick ass 3 years from now.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Sorry, Lupul *still* does not impress me.

Not that strong, limited offensive moves, good albeit not that accurate of a shot, pretty good passer, skating improved but hardly good...

Chistov is a GOD though...if they find another top young talent to play with him, they will be scary.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
Waveburner said:
Sorry, Lupul *still* does not impress me.

Not that strong, limited offensive moves, good albeit not that accurate of a shot, pretty good passer, skating improved but hardly good...
What do you expect of him so early on? With so much talk of him being overrated, I thought he'd go back to minors as one of the first cuts. But, along with making the team, he also makes his presence felt. What does he have to do to impress on such level so early on?

KariyaIsGod*

Lupul is going to be fine. The Ducks are going to be fine. They started slow last year and maybe that's just how this team is. it's not like they are being slapped around. They are snakebit it seems but it's only a matter of time. Giggy is good. The team is good. They will come around.

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Maybe we should dust off the old Lupul/Upshall threads. Does the fact that Lupul is playing on the 2nd line for the Ducks while Upshall did not make the Predators perhaps change the views of some in relation to the comparison of these two prospects?

For the record, I continue to be of the view that Lupul will be the better NHLer.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
I don't know, how many points does he have so far while recieving allot of time on the Ducks second line?

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
aki said:
Maybe we should dust off the old Lupul/Upshall threads. Does the fact that Lupul is playing on the 2nd line for the Ducks while Upshall did not make the Predators perhaps change the views of some in relation to the comparison of these two prospects?
About as much as Upshall making the Predators last year and Lupul being sent back to juniors.

Time will tell. And by time, I don't mean 4 games into the 2003 NHL season. I mean a few years into their career.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Lupul is playing on the 3rd line and getting 2nd line PP time (maybe 30 seconds a PP on the Ducks).

Smirnov is going to need a lot of time but you see the flashes there occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->