Proposal: Lupul + Gardiner for Pavelski + Demers

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Guys... I just realized something while replying to the lunacy on the main trade boards.

Joffrey Lupul is basically Martin Havlat - 3 years. Seriously, look at their numbers. Same inability to stay on the ice. Same production type when they are. Same injury prone without being nagging or reoccuring injuries. Same freaking contract almost.

I nearly busted a gut laughing when I realized it :biglaugh:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Guys... I just realized something while replying to the lunacy on the main trade boards.

Joffrey Lupul is basically Martin Havlat - 3 years. Seriously, look at their numbers. Same inability to stay on the ice. Same production type when they are. Same injury prone without being nagging or reoccuring injuries. Same freaking contract almost.

I realized that too when Leafs fans keep saying hes a "ppg" winger. Hes never played a full season!

rgb63

Jan 29, 2009

Except Lupul is a "good ol' Canadian boy," so Lupul >>>>> Havlat. :help:

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Man that thread on the trade board is infuriating. I dont even care about being civil when people are posting fantasy stats 9 games into the season to justify lupul > pavs. Arrggghhh.

Why would you let the opinions of a bunch of chimps upset you so much? A zoos, they fling **** at each other. Does that bother you too? :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If you go posting in the trade boards, you're basically asking for a fight/argument. Might as well go with it and have some fun. You could try being reasonable but who really tries in there.

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
wuhwhat_medium.gif

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
Uhm I'll definitely keep Pavs and Demers. The Sharks kinda got a good thing going right now so I don't want anyone else but our injured guys to be healed and ready to play.

But yeah HF troll.. I mean trade board value Lupul and Yakupov and Gardiner command so much :rolleyes:

I don't read most of those threads because before I open it I know some Leafs fan is going to make some outrageous offer praising Kadri as the Messiah

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
So, ANOTHER trade thread popped up with Toronto fans trying to pawn Lupul off on us. Since this seems to be a recurring theme, I put together a relevant reply that I'll copy here. Feel free to post it (with any modifications in commentary that you like of course) in any future 'Lupul to SJ for Couture/Pavelski/Hertl/Vlasic/etc' threads.

Martin Havlat from ages 24-29 (2005-2011):
- Played only 341 of his team's 492 games or 69%. That comes out to an average of 56 games per year.
- During the time he was on the ice (341 games) he scored 113 goals to average .33 goals per game and 293 points for an average of .86 points per game.

Joffrey Lupul from ages 24-29 (2007-2013):
- Played only 294 of his team's 453 games or 65%. That comes out to an average of 49 games per year. (Yes one of those years was last year's lockout shortened season. However, even if I added the missing 33 games and gave him the benefit of the doubt to assume he would have played all of them it comes out to an average of 55 games per year.)
- During the time he was on the ice (294 games) he scored 105 goals to average .36 goals per game and 226 points for an average of .77 points per game.

They are the same player (or Havlat was slightly better at the same age, but whatever I'm not wasting my breath arguing that one lol). And though very good and offensively productive when on the ice, Havlat has found it even harder to stay healthy as he's gotten older, the ages that Lupul is currently entering. Maybe Lupul will manage better, but considering his similar injury-prone history, I wouldn't bet on it by trading anyone of significant value for him.

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad