Luongo or Niemi? - keeper league, W GAA SV% SO

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Who do you like better, across those 5 categories? Luongo seems to be putting a good year together, but had worse numbers last season. He also seems to have missed more time over the last few years. He's also older, and it seems like the Sharks are a little more retooled with budding young talent than the Canucks.

Luongo or Niemi?

mgggg

Oct 30, 2013
Vancouver
Two things:
1.) I wouldn't trust last years numbers with the shortened season since Lu is a notoriously slow starter.
2.) Over the last few years, Schneider had been encroaching on Lu's play time and Van played w/ a 1A, 1B setup. This year Lu is definitely the Canucks starter.

If you only need one goalie on your team I would go with Lu. If you have more than one and your other goalies are elite (Rask, Quick, etc.) I'd stick with Niemi.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Wow, even given Luongo's age, and the decline of the Canucks as a powerhouse in the west?

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
93 thread views, and only 3 people voted in the poll? Haha, what were people expecting to see here?

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I voted Niemi because the Sharks have young budding stars that will continue to rack up more wins and I think all the other categories would be a wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad