Lundqvist's Boston Saves (Savard vs Krejci)

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
So, to put a bit of focus on one of the few positives of this game, which of Hank's 'Boston Saves' was better?

Save against Marc Savard, 2007:

Save Against David Krejci, 2013:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I think that last nights save might have been in, but impossible to confirm due to no clarity of seeing entire puck over the line. Nonetheless, last nights save was better, he really tried to lunge for it and pick it out of the air.
Lucky? Heck yeah. But great saves both times. But it is not these highlight saves that makes Lundqvist the franchise player that he is IMO... It is bringing his high standard on a consistent basis.
As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life! It was a double deflection gawddarnit. I played goalie in the elite of European junior hockey and myself know difficult it is to stop a deflection, let alone 2, on a hard shot. You guys that play NHL 13 or just are advanced couch commentators should of course try it first!
:shakehead

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Both amazing saves but last nights was better...and watching the staight on replay on msg you see Hank didn't catch it in the webbing but more near his palm so I actually think he kept it out.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If anyone hasn't seen Webcaster's top 25 list, you should see that one as well.

As for the poll, I think I go with the save against Krejci, but it's very close. Both are fantastic.
... As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life!...
Every goal against is Lundqvist's fault in the eyes of some. You just have to ignore their ignorance. Despite the hundreds of softies called out on this board last season, he still won the Vezina for some reason. They have tunnel vision, they have nothing to compare to, react emotionally instead of logically and are simply put spoiled as hell when it comes to goaltending. Some won't understand what they had until Hank retires.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well, I'd say the savard one by default considering krejci's shot was in. Purely from a factual and analytical standpoint - when they showed where the puck specifically hit Hank's glove from the straight on view, you can clearly see it hit the tip or most outside part of his globe and roll inward. Then from the above view, that entire area of his glove was completely across the line.

I actually prefer he just made the save without any question, cus it really would have been save of the year, and it's not like DK was awarded the goal anyways

SupersonicMonkey*

I think that last nights save might have been in, but impossible to confirm due to no clarity of seeing entire puck over the line. Nonetheless, last nights save was better, he really tried to lunge for it and pick it out of the air.
Lucky? Heck yeah. But great saves both times. But it is not these highlight saves that makes Lundqvist the franchise player that he is IMO... It is bringing his high standard on a consistent basis.
As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life! It was a double deflection gawddarnit. I played goalie in the elite of European junior hockey and myself know difficult it is to stop a deflection, let alone 2, on a hard shot. You guys that play NHL 13 or just are advanced couch commentators should of course try it first!
:shakehead

Its my opinion that its never the goaltender's fault (unless its something stupid). Most of the game is played at even strength, which means there are five guys in front of the goaltender. Five guys need to fail at their job before anyone can blame the goaltender.

Last night is a perfect example. Not one skater showed up ready to play. Not one skater showed up ready to put in the effort to win a game. Lazy, sloppy, unfocused.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Every goal against is Lundqvist's fault in the eyes of some. You just have to ignore their ignorance. Despite the hundreds of softies called out on this board last season, he still won the Vezina for some reason. They have tunnel vision, they have nothing to compare to, react emotionally instead of logically and are simply put spoiled as hell when it comes to goaltending. Some won't understand what they had until Hank retires.

The 3rd goal was maybe his "fault", but he said himself he lost the puck and then it was in. If our PP could even resemble some sort of a man advantage, this wouldn't even be a topic.

FYI, Jonathan Quick gave up at least 4 softies last night and Corey Schneider looked like an IHL goalie.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
That save was beautiful, but it was most likely in the net.

The technology just couldn't prove it. That being said I'm glad that play didn't cost one team or the other.

Bruins were the better team last night.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
That save was beautiful, but it was most likely in the net.

That's why I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt toward the goaltender. Wide open side of the net and he couldn't bank it in?

Lundqvist save; enough said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad