Recalled/Assigned: Luke Witkowski & Kyle Criscuolo recalled

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Kinda surprised at this move. I guess with Staal out for a while they need a defenseman? Maybe some grit? Or maybe someone to handle the rough stuff if games get chippy. I always liked Witkowski, not real skilled, but plays hard. Not sure how the suspension works if he's suspended from AHL can he play?

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Don’t mind him at all in the lineup. Got a bit pushed around at the start the last game. With him and Smith in the lineup you got two guys to answer to

Reactions: 14ari13

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Against the Predators, I don't mind Witkowski coming up one bit. The Preds have always been a dirty team, and I'd prefer Witkowski break his finger punching one of them in the head, to Seider breaking a finger.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Interesting that we have two D call-ups with DDK available to play. Feels like we are one over the limit with 3 call-ups, unless someone else is going on IR.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It seems to happen against the Wings all the time, it'd be nice to see one of the players on our team do it for a change.

It would be cool. I noticed he's 29, a pretty good AHLer, he's had 10 NHL games (1 for Detroit) but he hasn't got that elusive first point. What a thrill that would be. Who knows how many more chances he'll get in the NHL, so hey, would be nice for him to tell the grandkids he's got a point.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The Redwings are facing the St Louis Blues and the Colorado Avalanche this week. Maybe they called up Witkowski to be ready for any rough stuff those teams will provide.

Those teams won't have any rough stuff we can't handle without Witkowski. Those are not 90's Blues and Avs.

I think we are gonna plan some rough stuff to mess with their minds.

We are planning, not responding. We are trying to win.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It would be cool. I noticed he's 29, a pretty good AHLer, he's had 10 NHL games (1 for Detroit) but he hasn't got that elusive first point. What a thrill that would be. Who knows how many more chances he'll get in the NHL, so hey, would be nice for him to tell the grandkids he's got a point.
I know nothing about the guy, but his nickname has got to be Crisco, right?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday recalled center Kyle Criscuolo from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Criscuolo will join the Red Wings for the fourth time this season, as he has competed in two games this year with Detroit and earned his first NHL point (0-1—1) on Dec. 18 against New Jersey. Criscuolo, 29, has appeared in 11 NHL games, with nine of them coming with Buffalo during the 2017-18 season. The Harvard University graduate enjoyed a 10-game point streak (7-11—18) from Nov. 20-Jan. 5 with the Griffins, which set a new career high for the forward. The sixth-year-pro registered a four-game assist streak from Nov. 20-28, which tied for a season high for Grand Rapids. After being sidelined in the first four games due to an injury, Criscuolo has made up for his lost time with 22 points (10-12—22) in 21 contests.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday recalled center Kyle Criscuolo from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Criscuolo will join the Red Wings for the fourth time this season, as he has competed in two games this year with Detroit and earned his first NHL point (0-1—1) on Dec. 18 against New Jersey. Criscuolo, 29, has appeared in 11 NHL games, with nine of them coming with Buffalo during the 2017-18 season. The Harvard University graduate enjoyed a 10-game point streak (7-11—18) from Nov. 20-Jan. 5 with the Griffins, which set a new career high for the forward. The sixth-year-pro registered a four-game assist streak from Nov. 20-28, which tied for a season high for Grand Rapids. After being sidelined in the first four games due to an injury, Criscuolo has made up for his lost time with 22 points (10-12—22) in 21 contests.
I think that was in case Larkin couldn't play. Capfriendly has it listed as emergency loan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad