Confirmed with Link: Luke Tuch sign with Habs (2 years ELC, start in 2024-2025) AHL 1-way 2023-2024

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Meh...big picture there really wasn't that big of difference or much reason to even have so much speculation.

He had indicated even last year he wanted to sign with the Habs, it was probably more pressing for the Habs to sign Hutson to get him into games than it was for them to sign Tuck and work out the timing of when his deal started or if it was a ATO or AHL deal.

Much to do about nothing, and i'm not saying this about you specifically.

We're just a very angsty fanbase lol.

it's clear that some are just assholes though, calling a kid names because someone on twitter said his agent might want this or that. But we saw how "fans" treated KK around here, or just read Slaf's thread from last year or Reinbacher's draft day thread and see we have some posters that really need to find something better to do with their time then sit on a message board calling kids names because of a rumor they may not sign or want more then someone with limited knowledge of said prospect things they should get.

Just look at all the posters that trashed Strubble last year, talking about what a waste of a 2nd round pick and they only picked him because he could bench press more then anyone and now you get the fans saying I always knew he was going to be good.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I don't know how much interest there would have been for Tuch outside the Habs. I mean other teams might have taken a flyer on him, but the Habs see a real future for him. The worst the guy did ( might have) was trying really hard to convince the Habs tu burn a year of his ELC, but even if the Habs refused, it was still the best spot for him.

Reactions: windycity

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Good news to see Tuch signed.

My mind wants to project a 4th line of Xhekaj - Evans - Tuch forming in the next year or two. Need some time to see how Xhekaj and Tuch can adjust to the pro game, though.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Good news to see Tuch signed.

My mind wants to project a 4th line of Xhekaj - Evans - Tuch forming in the next year or two. Need some time to see how Xhekaj and Tuch can adjust to the pro game, though.
I like it. Although Florian is a center. Maybe best he starts on the wing and gets chances at center with say, Pezzetta!

Pezz - Xhekaj - Tuch could be a whole lot of fun. A proper 4th line! We haven't had that in decades.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So, he can play in the AHL playoffs if Laval makes it?

think of it this way, you have to be on the AHL clear day roster in order to play in the playoffs, if you sign your ELC after the clear day roster freeze, then it comes down to what season did they sign for? If it's the current season, i.e. burning off a year of the ELC, then no because they are signed for this season but not put on the clear day roster. If it's a ELC that starts NEXT season, then they will be able to go to the AHL on a PTO.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
should have let him play in the show with Habs.
Send YlondersonPinardllagher down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad