Luke Schenn

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
When Zach Bogosian and Luke Schenn are both drafted within the top 5, that was seriously a weak draft.

Until you realize we could have drafted Karlsson, Carlson, Josi, Gardiner instead.

But those guys weren't good big tough Canadian boys and everyone knows you don't draft soft puckmoving euro/us dmen with top 5 picks.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Imagine if he actually developed into the top pairing, RH shutdown guy that that was sold to us when he was drafted. He'd be a highly experienced, perfect fit to play beside Rielly.

It's too bad, honestly.

It’s crazy how after his rookie year Tampa actually made the Hedman pick available to the Leafs for Schenn and the Kadri pick and Burke said no because he was after John Tavares.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
All these comments about schenn remind me of the comments made about bogo

Yes I would agree but the key is they don't need two of them and Bogo's little bit more puck skill makes him the better fit.. If Bogo broke a leg maybe but as is, they have better options at 7-8 using players with the potential to be part of the clubs future. Only to keep Marincin out of the lineup would I add Schenn but thankfully they have a lineup of guys to do that now.

Reactions: Doublerum1975

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Yes I would agree but the key is they don't need two of them and Bogo's little bit more puck skill makes him the better fit.. If Bogo broke a leg maybe but as is, they have better options at 7-8 using players with the potential to be part of the clubs future. Only to keep Marincin out of the lineup would I add Schenn but thankfully they have a lineup of guys to do that now.
I agree i just hate people shiting on player like that

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yes you’re right on both points. If they weren’t able to move up, then Burke wanted Brayden Schenn. There’s a video of him shaking his head when Rob Blake drafted him.

Okay. Thought the Schenn in your post was referring to Luke due to the thread topic. I believe this was the Kadri draft? Hedman is obviously on that upper tier. Happy at least that the Leafs eventually ended up with that year's top selection in Tavares.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Okay. Thought the Schenn in your post was referring to Luke due to the thread topic. I believe this was the Kadri draft? Hedman is obviously on that upper tier. Happy at least that the Leafs eventually ended up with that year's top selection in Tavares.
Yes it was Kadri’s draft year. Burke publicly stated he wanted to draft Tavares that year and that he was going to do everything outside of trading Luke Schenn to make it happen. Kadri played with Tavares in London for the draft year.

I remember the sens really wanted Kadri at 9. There’s a video of Burke and Brian Murray where Murray wanted to flip picks to land Kadri. You should watch it it’s kind of funny haha. He’s like no we are taking him lol.

Reactions: Buds17

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Why o why are we even having a thread about the slightest possibility of Luke Friggen Schenn remotely having the slightest of chances of us signing this player to join our team ...
Do we not have enough things to bull shhhhh about ...
Cmon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...
Let’s please move on from this and also the constant talk about our previous coach here
Paleeeeeaseeee !!!!
Go Leafs Go
Let’s dry up those oil wells

Last edited:

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Back in 2008 my comment was, why are we drafting a guy who is going to be a journeyman level defenseman like Luke Richardson with a top 5 pick? Now he’s a dime a dozen veteran spare part. So the price and expectations would be different.
It was an utterly appalling draft pick.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yes it was Kadri’s draft year. Burke publicly stated he wanted to draft Tavares that year and that he was going to do everything outside of trading Luke Schenn to make it happen. Kadri played with Tavares in London for the draft year.

I remember the sens really wanted Kadri at 9. There’s a video of Burke and Brian Murray where Murray wanted to flip picks to land Kadri. You should watch it it’s kind of funny haha. He’s like no we are taking him lol.

I'll always remember that situation and video with Ottawa and Kadri! I just couldn't recall if Burke was seriously entertaining/anywhere close to options other than selecting Kadri in that draft.

Reactions: Fonzieleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->