Luke Schenn

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
With Sandin out as a backup option and MUZZ on the mend I would feel better with LS on the 3rd pair than Marty, Lehtenon or Lily.
With the thought this 3rd pair guy will PK, clear the crease, keep everyone honest and play 12 mins a night.

If BOGO goes out, Luke is a similar type replacement. On days where the coach wants to sit BOGO LS would be great. The most games BOGO has played since 2010 is 65. Let history be a lesson for us here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
With Sandin out as a backup option and MUZZ on the mend I would feel better with LS on the 3rd pair than Marty, Lehtenon or Lily.
With the thought this 3rd pair guy will PK, clear the crease, keep everyone honest and play 12 mins a night.

If BOGO goes out, Luke is a similar type replacement. On days where the coach wants to sit BOGO LS would be great. The most games BOGO has played since 2010 is 65. Let history be a lesson for us here.

I would work Lehtonen, Sandin and Liljegren into the normal rotation on the third pairing throughout the season and I would have Luke Schenn in the press box and ready to jump in if Bogosian was out and we needed a big body vs Winnipeg or something in a pinch.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
No. He's of no use.

Had he not been a high Leaf pick way back when with the thought of "what could have been" and trying to mine that one last time, no one would give this a second thought.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
He will land on a veteran team - maybe PITT ?? Nothing wrong with having depth on your D ... A # 8 guy for a playoff run.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Imagine if he actually developed into the top pairing, RH shutdown guy that that was sold to us when he was drafted. He'd be a highly experienced, perfect fit to play beside Rielly.

It's too bad, honestly.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

In our current position, with Muzzin and Sandin injured, neither Marincin nor Lily will play, though Lehtonen will. Likely pairings:

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

IMO Schenn would not make that lineup.

Now, if one of those guys gets hurt, AND Muzzin and Sandin are both still out, Schenn would have a shot. We’d be choosing between Schenn, Liljegren and Marincin. But overall I think it’d take about 3-4 total injuries for him to make the lineup.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If the question is what happens if one of the guys on the right side goes down?
My preference in order is

1) Move Dermott to the 3rd pair right side, move everyone else up (depending on whos hurt)
2) Call up Liljgren if its 2nd or 3rd pair.
3) Claim LS, knowing we will likely be waiving him to go to the taxi squad in the next few weeks (not sure this even works with the 2 week quarantine needed)
4) Sign Hainsey if there are two RHD injuries

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
but-why.gif

But, but...he's a Cup champ...:sarcasm:

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
No thanks. He started off being called the "Human Eraser" at the World Juniors and by the end I just wanted him erased from my memory.

Reactions: unitedstars87

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Liljegren is great on the PK and in front of the net.

Same with Marincin as long as he doesn't handle he puck or leave his zone.

Honestly if we get to #9 on the depth chart just play Liljegren. He's earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->