Luke Schenn

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
giphy.gif

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Leafs can't even get time for Lehtonnen to play. A big no. There's no room for him.

Reactions: banks

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Another player from the defending champs! Think things are finally good at RD though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I’ve traditionally disliked Luke Schenn a tremendous amount, but things being what they are and injuries and load management being what they are, Martin Marincin sightings and planning for a Bogosian backup plan, I say yes.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I'd rather just play Liljegren in whatever spot Schenn would ever take.

Echo this sentiment. If Schenn is just replacing Marincin as the 2nd guy up right now, sure. But Liljegren should get first crack if something else were to go wrong.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Marincin is better than schenn tho.

Not that I want either in the lineup.

And really, we should probably have Liljegren in the lineup over Bogo already.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
NHL playoffs are an injury riddled game .. far different from reg season hockey ... when Bogo and Muzzy go down with injury it would be nice to have Schenn there to fill in and help us advance ... he can sit on practice squad no doubt in interim

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I’ve traditionally disliked Luke Schenn a tremendous amount, but things being what they are and injuries and load management being what they are, Martin Marincin sightings and planning for a Bogosian backup plan, I say yes.

Please don't mention him, you're really scaring me. I'm going to have to start checking under my bed at night for Marties.

Reactions: TopCheese

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Hard pass. Bogo is the only player on D you would want to upgrade on and the way hes playing Schenn wouldnt come close.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Remember when he was the savior and beginning of our rebuild? Those were dark days.

Back in 2008 my comment was, why are we drafting a guy who is going to be a journeyman level defenseman like Luke Richardson with a top 5 pick? Now he’s a dime a dozen veteran spare part. So the price and expectations would be different.

Reactions: Marmoset

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Back in 2008 my comment was, why are we drafting a guy who is going to be a journeyman level defenseman like Luke Richardson with a top 5 pick? Now he’s a dime a dozen veteran spare part. So the price and expectations would be different.
Schenn and Reinhart had no actual talent, but were hyped as some big franchise pieces on D.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
They could trade future considerations or a contract after he's cleared so they can put him on the taxi squad. Like they did with Galchenyuk. No room in the top-7 for Lucky Luke. But, he is a good back-up plan for the often injured Zach Bogosian.

Reactions: Buds17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad