Confirmed with Link: Luke Richardson Hired as Assistant Coach

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Certainly glad the Habs have retained both Claude Julien & Kirk Muller as veteran coaches, whose abilities to blend talents of all ages into cohesive units, is well known in the NHL level management types. Adding Richardson & Ducharme can only enhance those abilities IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu: Having Joel Bouchard & Alex Burrows to lead our prospects in Laval another great alliance I believe. Now for the Victoriaville ECHL franchise's coaching/developing, no lesser need for astute young coaches with progressive idea's there. Power Skating coaches that will work 24/7 with each prospect, ensuring their maximum benefit is reached. Money talks easing the everyday monotonous distractions is a paramount concern. Giving these people their entire focus to becoming the best at using the talent they are blessed with. Focus should always be upon their particular talents and playing the simple game, unless of course their talents are being creative, then the focus should be creating situations whereby their linemates can cover any defensive flaws that are apparent.
Habs coaches will most certainly know these things, that's why these individuals have been hired, to hone their charges abilities into the system whilst forming chemistry that produces winning results shift by shift.:devdance::devdance::devdance: Playing the puck possession game whenever possible, at the same time ensure there are no defensive lapses, which create breakdowns in coverage. Breakaways 2 on 1's, 3 on 2's, etc.:walrus::walrus::walrus: etc., etc.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
So now.... Kirk Muller is gone or I'm missing something ?

It looks like Richardson (defense) and Ducharme (forwards) are the assistant behind the bench. Muller is now working upstairs ?
You have to keep in mind that Muller isn't a mere "assistant" coach. He's an "associate" coach and those terms are not interchangeable. Assistant coaches report to the head coach. An associate coach reports to the GM just like the head coach does. So Muller is more of a peer or a colleague to Julien rather than a subordinate like Richardson now is.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
You have to keep in mind that Muller isn't a mere "assistant" coach. He's an "associate" coach and those terms are not interchangeable. Assistant coaches report to the head coach. An associate coach reports to the GM just like the head coach does. So Muller is more of a peer or a colleague to Julien rather than a subordinate like Richardson now is.
I'm actually wondering this too.. Will Muller only be responsible for the PP?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Can we take the interim tag off Luke Richardson and make him head coach? Give him a 10 year contract.:naughty:

Even though we lost Game 4, these last two games are two of the most impressive playoff games played by the Habs in the last 25 years! They aren't letting Vegas do anything. Complete suffocation.

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
He will probably get some looks from other teams this offseason

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He will probably get some looks from other team this offseason

It's a bit late though. Head coaching positions have been filled. He's from Ottawa so I'm thinking the chances are low for him to move away to a new geographic location for a lateral job change.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Anybody esle’s perception is this crew coaches to player strength and weakness instead of some ideal?
fully agree and they teach not impose . So much improvement in the little things that for us sitting at home seem simple but under pressure the players need to have entrenched in their mind for quick execution

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Luke did a great job replacing DD so far, listening to him during the presser i can understand why MB decided to keep him and DD while firing everybody else on the coaching staff

Reactions: SB164

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I really like the way he talks in his pressers. Gives detailed intelligent answers
I really enjoy listening to his press conference. I like how he says little things like "Good observation" or "Good question" to a reporter before answering it. That is something I'm not used to from coaches :laugh:

Reactions: sharknado

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's a bit late though. Head coaching positions have been filled. He's from Ottawa so I'm thinking the chances are low for him to move away to a new geographic location for a lateral job change.
agree....got a good thing going here, paid well, hockey town and is a few hours from everyone he cares about....why go.....??

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Don't forget Burrows as the special teams coach.

Pretty sure Burrows has been running the PP (replaced Muller) and Richardson has been running the PK all along. Special teams coach is more of a football position. Very rarely in hockey does the same coach run both special teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->