Player Discussion Luke Kunin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have a feeling that when Coyle gets healthy he's going to be our 3rd line center, with Kunin on his wing, and Ek in Iowa, unless Ek can start winning faceoffs at a significantly higher rate. Am I off base thinking this?

Reactions: RichManitoba

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we're all posting on a msg board so we're all off base! j/k j/k i think JEE will probably stay with the big club just stuck on the 3rd or 4th line. my one cent. as for kunin i think hes playing well enough to stick with the big club

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I have a feeling that when Coyle gets healthy he's going to be our 3rd line center, with Kunin on his wing, and Ek in Iowa, unless Ek can start winning faceoffs at a significantly higher rate. Am I off base thinking this?

That's what I'd do...unless they want Kunin playing more minutes in Iowa and Ek on wing.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dammit. Feel bad for the kid, although he's shown he's got the character to deal with something like this.

Heal up for 2018-19

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
NHL.com - Kunin expected to miss remainder of season with ACL tear.

Chuck Fletcher today announced that forward Luke Kunin(pronounced KUNN-nihn) will miss the remainder of this season after suffering a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during Sunday's game against Detroit. Kunin is expected to have surgery to repair his knee in the coming weeks and return to play in approximately seven months.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
This really is a bummer. Was looking forward to seeing how he did these last few weeks and hopefully get him some playoff experience. Oh well, now he's just gonna have to attack that rehab and try to get ready for training camp.

RichManitoba

Sep 4, 2009
Madison, WI
I just saw on the broadcast tonight that Luke had surgery today.......why did they wait so long? Football players have surgery almost right away, or when swelling goes down or it's. drained.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I just saw on the broadcast tonight that Luke had surgery today.......why did they wait so long? Football players have surgery almost right away, or when swelling goes down or it's. drained.
Yeah I also thought that was quite odd. I didn't have the sound on, though, so I'm not sure if they mentioned any reason why.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
it was the swelling issue im pretty sure. They had him doing some pre surgery rehab so it must have taken a while to get it to a spot where surgery was possible.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would assume that means Coyle goes to 2C?

I wonder if they at least try Kunin at center while he's up here. But yeah, presumably Coyle is the 2C, unless we trade him/Nino for an actual center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why would they have Kunin play C, when they have Coyle, Ek, and Fehr? Hell, if you want a C bring up COR. I'm not even sure that Kunin should come up here, yet.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Why would they have Kunin play C, when they have Coyle, Ek, and Fehr? Hell, if you want a C bring up COR. I'm not even sure that Kunin should come up here, yet.

They were reading the boards here and didn't like @2Pair ? :sarcasm: Pure spite, is my guess (it's as good as any other reason that could be given).

They've had Coyle, Granny, Greenway, and JEE all have different levels of failure at C this year. Might as well try Kunin there too. Throw poop at the wall and see what sticks. Coyle could be traded for a bucket of popcorn at any time, so counting on his as a center is probably a folly.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Because Coyle is no more a natural center than Kunin is and Eriksson Ek is hot garbage.

And like Wabit said, Coyle, Granlund, Greenway and Eriksson Ek have all failed at center this season. Might as well see what you have in Kunin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->