Recalled/Assigned: Luke Glendening

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
He did a good job like his compete level. Hopefully next year he will be on the squad as a winger on the 4th line with like andy or sheahan at center and ferraro on lw.

He can take faceoffs if the main dude gets thrown out but what quite a few people forget about him is he is a center via a converted winger.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I really don't think Landon Ferraro gets much of a shot here.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I believe he does because of how fast he is and the fact that he is a good 2 way player. Imagine a pk unit where your top 2 pk lines have one of him and helm on each line. Guarented 7-8 sh goals from them alone each year.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I believe he does because of how fast he is and the fact that he is a good 2 way player. Imagine a pk unit where your top 2 pk lines have one of him and helm on each line. Guarented 7-8 sh goals from them alone each year.

I don't think either has ever put up 7-8 short handed goals alone in the CHL, the AHL, or the NHL.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't think either has ever put up 7-8 short handed goals alone in the CHL, the AHL, or the NHL.

Pretty sure ferraro had 5-6 on the griffins last year and helm is usually good for 2-3 a year. If he has hot hands again next year it isn't out of the ordinary to pull down 4-6. Helm and hot hands lol who'd a thunk it :sarcasm:.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Glendening needs time, IMO. It's not just being -7 in 16 games with 1 point. The goals against his line lately are frustrating. He is not sharp enough at reading the play defensively and is not in the right position many times to defend or score. I hope in the future he gets stronger and can make a bigger impact.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Glendening needs time, IMO. It's not just being -7 in 16 games with 1 point. The goals against his line lately are frustrating. He is not sharp enough at reading the play defensively and is not in the right position many times to defend or score. I hope in the future he gets stronger and can make a bigger impact.

How can you expect him to perform when his linemates are often one of cleary and sammy and then some other spare part (of late bert) ? 2 players with no wheels and suspect defense at best.

The 2013-14 Red Wing 4th line is a disgrace. No matter who has been centering it it has been a abomination of spare parts and dead weight with no foresight, planning, or construction. It has been a pick three bolts outta of a bucket blindfolded and put them together and pray. In part due to roster problems and signing dead weight to ****** deals.

The sad thing though in my eyes has been with what we have in our organization we actually could make a good 4th line if we would just jettison the **** clogging up the pipeline and make a reasonable line. Between glendening, tootoo, miller (when roster is healthy), and andersson you can make a actual 4th line and a 13th forward waiting to come in when someone is slumping.

And that doesn't even touch on calling up sheahan or ferraro to get looks at where they will fit in for us in the next couple years. Granted our 4th line would be no "grind line" but it would at least be 2 way responsible and dependable for preventing goals against. Probably not the line you would want against a playoff teams top 6 line to match up against but a whole hell of a lot better than the **** we tote out now (bert-andy-cleary cause obviously even a blind person can see that line wouldn't do **** for their supposed defined role).

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Both Callahan and Ferraro get no love from this organization in spite of doing everything they could to improve their game. Worthless crap like Glendening get call ups over legitimate prospects. Ferraro and Callahan are the future Draper/Maltby team but this organization has no idea where they stand in their development. I hope that changes in 2014 and they get long looks.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Both Callahan and Ferraro get no love from this organization in spite of doing everything they could to improve their game. Worthless crap like Glendening get call ups over legitimate prospects. Ferraro and Callahan are the future Draper/Maltby team but this organization has no idea where they stand in their development. I hope that changes in 2014 and they get long looks.

I have a feeling the organization feels they both need "more time" to germinate so they don't want to call either player up and risk the exposure so that if they get sent back down via waivers there is less of a chance they are claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad