Luke Adam

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Anybody want to chime in on their belief of his upside/what kind of player he'll end up being. Currently tearing up the AHL as a rookie
GP G A P PIM
Luke Adam 2010-11 Portland Pirates AHL 46 25 28 53 34

I think he's got the ability to be a good two-way top six-center

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I think his upside is a #2 Center with a big body, not afraid to play physically, who will put up 60 points a year. As a Sabres fan, I'm really excited about Adam, and have been since the day we drafted him.

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet
If he wins the AHL rookie of the year, that'll be 3 years in a row a Portland Pirate wins it! w00t!

(Gerbe and Ennis are the other two)

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Unless he improves his skating I just cant see him being a centre in the NHL. Skill set is much better as a winger. Buffalo seems to have a lot of forwards coming up who are very close to being ready. A trade should be in order.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I think his skating and overall awareness have a long way to go before he could be called a "two-way" player, but I think his size and puck possession presence could render his actual defensive skillset rather moot.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I think his upside is a #2 Center with a big body, not afraid to play physically, who will put up 60 points a year. As a Sabres fan, I'm really excited about Adam, and have been since the day we drafted him.

Potential of Patrice Bergeron a good estimate?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Unless he improves his skating I just cant see him being a centre in the NHL. Skill set is much better as a winger. Buffalo seems to have a lot of forwards coming up who are very close to being ready. A trade should be in order.

I think his skating and overall awareness have a long way to go before he could be called a "two-way" player, but I think his size and puck possession presence could render his actual defensive skillset rather moot.

Agreed. He's still got heavy feet and that's going to hurt him travelling further while playing in the middle. He's been on the wing recently in Portland, centered by Claude Giroux's old linemate Paul Byron, to get his offense going again (and it's working). The team is likely not done trying to play him in the middle, but it's going to take a leap in his skating to get him there. In the meantime, a solid-framed, mid-line, scorer-playmaker who plays in traffic is probably a fair estimate of what he's capable of if that doesn't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad