Lukas Svejkovsky - Vancouver Giants, (2020, 108th, PIT)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Small forward who looked solid in a small sample size with Wenatchee in the BCHL, scored 11 points in 16 games as a 16 year old. Hopefully can bring a spark into the Giants middle six this year.

Reactions: norma

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Production in his rookie year isn't too bad considering how physically underdeveloped he is. I could see something close to a PPG year for Vancouver next season. He has talent through the roof, but has a long ways to go and some growing to do.

If he fills out a bit over the summer, I don't think a PPG is unrealistic with his skills. His production in his D-1 year is pretty much in line with most mid-late round draft picks. How is Vancouver supposed to be next year?

He used to actually practice with my youth teams because his Dad, Yogi (Jaroslav) was my coach for 3 years. I think we were like 16 years old, and he had to be 7-8 years old. He had better stick skills than some of the players on the team haha.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Interesting player. Has hands and can make plays but is too easily pushed off the puck, and struggles with consistency. Giants are deep at the forward position which has hurt him. Mildly disappointed with his season so far, but still somewhat hopeful he can improve significantly next year.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Having a pretty monster playoffs replacing Sourdif on the top line. Really excited to see what he can string together next season with a bigger role.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Having a pretty monster playoffs replacing Sourdif on the top line. Really excited to see what he can string together next season with a bigger role.

Pretty much this, this playoff might be his coming out party much like last years playoffs for Bryam.

Not that he is going to be a first round pick though just a better prospect than he has been trending at during this year and before.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Interesting player. Has hands and can make plays but is too easily pushed off the puck, and struggles with consistency. Giants are deep at the forward position which has hurt him. Mildly disappointed with his season so far, but still somewhat hopeful he can improve significantly next year.
Really disappointed to see that him and Valenti both played like 6 minutes a game stuck on the fourth line. Agreed, I thought both actually had decent talent when I watched them, but holy smokes they need to get ten times stronger if they want to make it further along.

Svejkovsky has good puck skills, but what I particularly liked is his vision (always has his head up to make plays).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Am I wrong to think he's going to play for the USA internationally?

We don't have many good 2020 prospects, so if this guy could have a good draft season and get himself into the second round or late first, that would be a big help to our program.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad