Confirmed with Link: Lukas Radil signs 1-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Going from a 2-way to 1 way deal. Has happened in the past w/ other players.

I was forecasting it to happen with Chartier and Grambrell, but Radil could have likely gotten more. That being said, if he wanted 700k security you can't blame him. He probably made like 400k in the KHL.

Nice job Doug! On to Ryan!

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I wanted DW fired a few years ago during the "reset" phase. I was wrong, he's a very good GM. Great signing :)

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Excellent work by DW. It's nice to have two bottom-6 wingers locked up for cheap next year with (hopefully) a ton of money being spent this offseason on EK65, Meier, etc.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Meier probably shit himself when he saw this news... He's going to be lucky to get $2mil negotiating with DW.:sarcasm::laugh::laugh:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Excellent work by DW. It's nice to have two bottom-6 wingers locked up for cheap next year with (hopefully) a ton of money being spent this offseason on EK65, Meier, etc.

Agreed.

$2M is really cheap for a stud like Melker Karlsson. I don’t know if I’d call him a bottom-6 winger, though.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I mean...talk about not betting on yourself. I'd be worried that Radil knows he doesn't have much more to offer and that is why he is signing this deal. Hell, isn't this the new league minimum for next season?

Even Barclay Goodrow got more!

You have to think that players like Ryan, Suomela, and Gambrell are going to have to take similar contracts next season. And here I was penciling Ryan in for 2-3 million next season!

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I mean...talk about not betting on yourself. I'd be worried that Radil knows he doesn't have much more to offer and that is why he is signing this deal. Hell, isn't this the new league minimum for next season?

Even Barclay Goodrow got more!

You have to think that players like Ryan, Suomela, and Gambrell are going to have to take similar contracts next season. And here I was penciling Ryan in for 2-3 million next season!

Before the season started, and after seeing Suomela play, I figured he would sign for around 1.25-1.5 mil, now that hes been sent down, and not really forcing his way back up, not sure why he would not get 700-900k if he resigns here. Gambrell is easily signed for around this number as well, he has done nothing at all to deserve more.

Ryan is a lot harder to figure out. On one hand when he plays, he does well in the top 4 playing with Burns, on the other hand the coach does not like something about his game so benches him a bunch. He also does not put up any points. I could see anywhere from like 900-3mil for him depending on how the rest of this season plays out.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Before the season started, and after seeing Suomela play, I figured he would sign for around 1.25-1.5 mil, now that hes been sent down, and not really forcing his way back up, not sure why he would not get 700-900k if he resigns here. Gambrell is easily signed for around this number as well, he has done nothing at all to deserve more.

Ryan is a lot harder to figure out. On one hand when he plays, he does well in the top 4 playing with Burns, on the other hand the coach does not like something about his game so benches him a bunch. He also does not put up any points. I could see anywhere from like 900-3mil for him depending on how the rest of this season plays out.

I think what makes Ryan so frustrating is that he is soft along the boards and doesnt get pucks out with physical force when he needs to. On the flip side is someone like m. Karlsson, who would crash head first into the boards if it meant getting a puck out of the zone. PDB likes players who take a hit to make a play, and Ryan seems timid in his board battles. Labanc sucks at this too, whereas Sorensen does not, and Sorensen is getting the rewards. Ryan is does a lot of other things well, but i noticed this lack a lot last game, and even vs a non-aggressive TBL squad.

Reactions: NWSharkie

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
One thing to keep in mind with the salaries for new players trying to break into the NHL -- on a stacked roster, like we have currently, getting even the chance to prove yourself is a privilege that Doug has control over.

If you are called up for a few games and Doug offers you a contract and you dont take it, you might get send down and not get a chance again.

You'll have to hope that your agent gets you another deal at another team, where you ll have to prove yourself again.

A one year league minimum salary, 1 way contract is the golden ticket that ensures you ll get a year of NHL if you have the skills. In that year you'll also get a chance to show everyone else that you are the real deal and belong into the NHL.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I'm glad some of you aren't GMs if you were going to give a guy with ~18 nhl games north of 2 million, even if he looks good so far.

I would have expected no deal. I would have expected Radil to bet on himself and finished out the season with strong numbers, and then the GM would be forced to give him around 2 million.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad