Confirmed with Link: Lukas Radil signs 1-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Glad to hear. His insertion into the lineup coincided with the team playing better, and his play is also a reason for that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Eh, I’d guess closer to $2M. He’s scoring quite a bit and has to know what his value might look like on the open market. To sign so quickly, after he’s still so unproven, you’ve got to think they offered him something good.

I hope not but probably will be closer to that.

Signing him to that will put pressure on re-signing Pavs, assuming EK re-signs

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Radil should fire his agent if he didn't get a bump in salary. I guess the two-way clause being dropped is a big win for him...how much was he making in the KHL?

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
.... and he took a discount again after proving himself in the NHL.
I hope he continues to play well but nobody is proven after just 18 games. He wouldn’t be the first guy to make an initial splash in the NHL then fade away. He just guaranteed himself a 750k payday with a one way contract for next year. At 28 he probably never thought he would get paid that much to play hockey.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Radil should fire his agent if he didn't get a bump in salary. I guess the two-way clause being dropped is a big win for him...how much was he making in the KHL?

Probably no where near 750k. If you think about it, it’s actually really smart. He gets a guaranteed 750k. Even if his play drops off, gets injured, anything. He could have waited and gotten nothing down the road.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I hope he continues to play well but nobody is proven after just 18 games. He wouldn’t be the first guy to make an initial splash in the NHL then fade away. He just guaranteed himself a 750k payday with a one way contract for next year. At 28 he probably never thought he would get paid that much to play hockey.

I meant that he’s proven that he can hang in the NHL. He’s played 18 games and at no point has he looked remotely out of place.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Sub-850k would be welcome positive news. As a bears fan, Cody Parkey has me down at the moment.

Back to the subject at hand, the Sharks need some nice contracts. Getting quality NHL regulars at sub-1mill will be very important if we sign Karlsson, Meier, and Pavs/Donskoi

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Yeah agreed, plus it is just one year, so he made sure to get some money for next year, no matter how this one goes, and if he proves himself to be not a flash in the pan, is not locked into a low paying contract for very long and can make a nice pay raise in the near future.

Glad we got him locked up, one less contract to worry about this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad