Prospect Info: Lukas Jasek - No. 174 pick 2015 Entry Draft

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It was 80% sarcastic.

I don't like stockpiling picks after successful drafts if my team is already successful. Let's say the Tampa Bay Lightning have another amazing draft, with what looks like 4-5 sure-fire NHLers on the way. I think the following season, they probably look to move out draft picks for core veterans, or move on from older players a season or two earlier, because logjams can hurt development if ice time isn't available.

The Canucks aren't currently successful, so the above strategy would require a lot more finesse than what one can reasonably expect.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
It was 80% sarcastic.

I don't like stockpiling picks after successful drafts if my team is already successful. Let's say the Tampa Bay Lightning have another amazing draft, with what looks like 4-5 sure-fire NHLers on the way. I think the following season, they probably look to move out draft picks for core veterans, or move on from older players a season or two earlier, because logjams can hurt development if ice time isn't available.
Naw. That's a terrible idea. You still need to keep developing players because a) younger players are cheaper (ELC) and b) you never know what will happen with injuries. If Jasek develops in a way that he's looking like he's going to equal (or better) Baertschi - you trade Baertschi at the trade deadline and keep Jasek.

You've not only acquired assets to do the same thing again (or trade up or whatever), you've bought yourself a few years of ELC contracts and a younger body with less wear and tear.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
If Benning has too many successed from one draft, he'll have to trade them eventually because you will enter salary/player management hell if they all start pushing for spots. Gotta have 2-3 strong contenders from each draft, any more than that on average and you just end up selling talent.

nvrmind

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Jasek signed by Canucks

Canucks sign Jasek to three-year entry level contract
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Lukas Jasek to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Jasek, 20, has appeared in six games in his debut season with the Comets, recording seven points (3-4-7). He made his AHL debut on March 31st at Springfield notching three points (1-2-3).

Prior to joining the Comets, the 6-1, 184-pound forward appeared in 48 games for Liberec Bill Tygri HC of the Czech Elite League, registering 18 points (8-10-18). He also recorded seven points (2-5-7) in 12 games of the Championship Hockey League helping his team advance to the semi-finals. In 116 games in the Czech Elite League over parts of four seasons, Jasek has collected 23 points (10-13-23).

A native of Trinec, Czech Republic, Jasek was originally drafted by Vancouver in the sixth round, 174th overall, at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed by Utica to an ATO on March 30th.

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
"jasek park"

giphy.gif

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I said it before and I'll say it again...
I also want to take some credit for giving Jasek props before he exploded in the AHL

Add Jasek imo. Will hopefully get more opportunity to play on his new Czech team this year than he did on Trinec. Put up good numbers in the second tier Czech league as a 19 year old. This next year is make or break on his development given he gets a shot

Circa Canucks prospects rankings 2017

I want props:sarcasm:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That 2015 draft man...
Boeser is a success
Gaudette is likely to be a steal at 5th round
Now adding Jasek along with Briesbois in to the system

This reminds me, where is Zhukenov now...

Edit: Just did a search, he spent most of his season in the second tier league of Russia

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe he'll follow the same career path as David Pastrnak.....had pretty pedestrian stats in Allcvenskan, didn't do much in the AHL and for his first couple of seasons in the NHL, then exploded in the last two seasons. Probably one of the best players in these NHL playoffs. Sometimes it takes Czech players awhile to adapt, but once they figure it out, look out.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
On a side note, his teammate Jan Jenik is eligible to be drafted in this year's draft, one of the youngest players in the draft, very good u18 and u20 stats and buried on the same team Jasek was, projected to be a mid/late round pick, very similar in terms of skill and situation as Jasek, thinking Bennimg and co grab him in the upcoming draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->