Luigi's Mansion 3

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So far so good. Definitely molded more in the vein of the first game with a couple elements from Dark Moon (the freaky rainbow flashlight thing, the ghosts, etc)

Enjoying it so far. I only finished the maid boss or whatever but I already like it waaaaay more than Dark Moon. Multiplayer is eh but I guess it's a cool little bonus thing to have

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
All docked so far but planning to put it on the big screen tonight.

Pro tip. Don’t forget about that RB+LB move. I keep forgetting it.

Such a ****ty Halloween here. It’s pouring rain. Barely any kids.

It always rains on Halloween. :cry:

The rain held off here until the end. If you got down streets shielded from the wind a bit, it wasn't the worst Halloween we've had. The kid was...enthusiastic...which made it a lot easier. Until she got tired of walking at the end and had to be carried a half mile back to the car.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So far so good. Definitely molded more in the vein of the first game with a couple elements from Dark Moon (the freaky rainbow flashlight thing, the ghosts, etc)

Enjoying it so far. I only finished the maid boss or whatever but I already like it waaaaay more than Dark Moon. Multiplayer is eh but I guess it's a cool little bonus thing to have

You didn't like Dark Moon? I loved that game and find this one to mostly be the same.

I never played the first game, it was just a tech demo really.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah this one feels quite a bit like Dark Moon with the gems and all the added vacuum controls like the rainbow light thing.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What happens if you’re fighting a ghost and it disappears before you can capture it? Can you go back and get it later?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Relatively early spoiler fir Gooigi’s first bit.

Gooigi shows no emotion by not being scared of ghosts. But when you beat a ghost Gooigi does an emphatic fist pump of satisfaction

Sloppy game design.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I didn’t notice any instruction in game and I saw at least one review (gamespot) that complained about the issue seemingly without knowing about the fix but you can use all the shoulder buttons for the special lights and such.

R1 is the regular light, L1 is the plunger fun, and R1+L1 gives you that special technicolor light. Works infinitely better than using the face buttons as it frees up your thumb to look around with the right stick.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I didn’t notice any instruction in game and I saw at least one review (gamespot) that complained about the issue seemingly without knowing about the fix but you can use all the shoulder buttons for the special lights and such.

R1 is the regular light, L1 is the plunger fun, and R1+L1 gives you that special technicolor light. Works infinitely better than using the face buttons as it frees up your thumb to look around with the right stick.
Wish there was something else for the black light.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The multiplayer in this is pretty simple, but a blast with some friends. We played the Coin Floating game for probably an hour or two.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am on floor 8 or 9.

Really really enjoying it. Kind of slowing myself down a bti so as not to finish it too fast.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Just made it to floor 6. I swear I've checked all places on, I think, floors 3 and 4 (could be two other consecutive floors) but haven't found all the jewels.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Just made it to floor 6. I swear I've checked all places on, I think, floors 3 and 4 (could be two other consecutive floors) but haven't found all the jewels.

Yeah, some of them are very difficult to find without a guide. Some involve moving items through multiple rooms that you normally wouldn't even think twice about.

I'm in the boiler room, I think I'm getting fairly close to the end. It's crazy how much variety there is in the floors. The boiler room feels like 3 times longer than most of the other floors.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yeah, some of them are very difficult to find without a guide. Some involve moving items through multiple rooms that you normally wouldn't even think twice about.

I'm in the boiler room, I think I'm getting fairly close to the end. It's crazy how much variety there is in the floors. The boiler room feels like 3 times longer than most of the other floors.
I hated the boiler room, worst floor so far. Controls are terrible.

Reactions: Pilky01

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Played for the first time in about two weeks. I really struggled even though it isn't a difficult game. It was just me playing like an idiot... Just completed the sub-basement. The level wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad