TV: Lucky Hank (AMC)

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Lucky Hank, starring Bob Odenkirk, premieres March 19. From the executive producers of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, Bob Odenkirk is Lucky Hank. An English department chairman at an underfunded college, Professor Hank Devereaux toes the line between midlife crisis and full-blown meltdown, navigating the offbeat chaos in his personal and professional life – oddly proving tantrums get better with age

This looks great, despite the character seeming very familiar. I do find it odd that there has been little buzz around it and it premieres tonight? In any case, this will go to the top of the queue.

Last edited:

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I was hoping for a little bit more out of this, although I will withhold judgment since the first episode was the pilot. To a degree it actually seems similar to Shrinking in my eyes: a dramedy that could use some comedy. That said, whereas it seems to lack the warmth/heart (and sappy soundtrack) of Shrinking it has a little more of the BCS bitterness and Odenkirk charisma. I am sure I will watch it all, but hopefully it picks up.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad