Online Series: Lucifer to Netflix (cancelled by fox last month)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Netflix may give them more leeway but the devil will be in the details.

Show's already on Netflix over here but I also noticed they actually had two more episodes after the season finale. Both seem to be outside the main plot and might be from an earlier season even.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Show's already on Netflix over here but I also noticed they actually had two more episodes after the season finale. Both seem to be outside the main plot and might be from an earlier season even.

while the show is on Netflix is was a pick up after the episodes had already run on fox--it will be interesting to see if they will do more now without the restrictions of network TV

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Binge watching Lucifer at the moment, and having a lot of fun doing so (nearly at the end of the second season). The stupid detective stuff, which is just tired TV cliches with no originality whatsoever, is a drag. But Lucifer and his cosmically dysfunctional family are wonderful characters, and the show brings up some interesting moral and ethical issues. Ellis is consistently wonderful in the role. And I think I've figured our how it might eventually end.
"Father" was being a good guy when he created Chloe, knowing that Lucifer would leave Hell and need the right partner eventually--someone initially immune to his charm--that he could love for all the right reasons. If I'm right Chole never finds out that she was a pawn in a much larger game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Binge watching Lucifer at the moment, and having a lot of fun doing so (nearly at the end of the second season). The stupid detective stuff, which is just tired TV cliches with no originality whatsoever, is a drag. But Lucifer and his cosmically dysfunctional family are wonderful characters, and the show brings up some interesting moral and ethical issues. Ellis is consistently wonderful in the role. And I think I've figured our how it might eventually end.
"Father" was being a good guy when he created Chloe, knowing that Lucifer would leave Hell and need the right partner eventually--someone initially immune to his charm--that he could love for all the right reasons. If I'm right Chole never finds out that she was a pawn in a much larger game.

You're going to be so pissed off during the 3rd season.

Reactions: Metroid and 18Hossa

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You're going to be so pissed off during the 3rd season.
Good f***ing call.

I'm two thirds of the way through Season 3, and at this point the week by week banality is overwhelming. Linda, Amenadiel, and Charlotte are still fun, but they are pretty much on the back burner at this point. Because the writers can't figure out what to do with the central romantic relationship, we get more of the uber-annoying Ella and a new celestial being who is about as much fun as a dung beetle. The more Lucifer becomes human, the more a pain in the ass he is. Each vapid episode seems to contain a super simplistic "life's lesson" for him to learn by the end of the show before he forgets everything in the next episode. And then there is the Lois Lane/Clark Kent thing. Chloe (fun only in that she is so luscious to observe) and pals continue to be oblivious to Lucifer's real identity--we are way beyond any point in which this makes sense, and this affront to reason and common sense holds the series hostage to an uninspired series of lame-ass detective drivel. At this point with nine episodes to go, I would have cancelled the series, too--its writers have clearly run out of imagination and reverted to the worst kind of network television inoffensiveness. The series didn't have that far to fall, true, but this season has been beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Supermassive

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Good ****ing call.

I'm two thirds of the way through Season 3, and at this point the week by week banality is overwhelming. Linda, Amenadiel, and Charlotte are still fun, but they are pretty much on the back burner at this point. Because the writers can't figure out what to do with the central romantic relationship, we get more of the uber-annoying Ella and a new celestial being who is about as much fun as a dung beetle. The more Lucifer becomes human, the more a pain in the ass he is. Each vapid episode seems to contain a super simplistic "life's lesson" for him to learn by the end of the show before he forgets everything in the next episode. And then there is the Lois Lane/Clark Kent thing. Chloe (fun only in that she is so luscious to observe) and pals continue to be oblivious to Lucifer's real identity--we are way beyond any point in which this makes sense, and this affront to reason and common sense holds the series hostage to an uninspired series of lame-ass detective drivel. At this point with nine episodes to go, I would have cancelled the series, too--its writers have clearly run out of imagination and reverted to the worst kind of network television inoffensiveness. The series didn't have that far to fall, true, but this season has been beyond ridiculous.

Well they managed to get some things straight towards the end of the season and finale was a decent cliffhanger. Mind you, the last two episodes of the season are out of order obviously and I didn't even bother watching them due to that. I am looking forward to the 4th season if they can get things together again. If God's plan was to get Lucifer a chance to redeem himself get his humanity back via Chloe, then just roll with it. I haven't read the comic so I don't know they things went in that.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I started watching season 4 on Netflix. I watched the first two episodes, so far so good. The only negative so far is Decker's face. The botox and fillers are strong with this one. I can't take her seriously anymore she has no more facial expressions. I can't figure out if she's happy, angry or sad.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad