Rumor: Lucic + Russell for Neal and Frolik

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
A first and a second hold little value???? Tell that to gm's at the draft. The only one that would make the team is rnh and puljujarvi will probably go back to europe after calgary sends him to the minors. Benning would be fighting to make the team were looking to lose a defencemen. Oh and just as a sweetener well throw in 2 bottom six players both younger than rnh and both just looking at thier primes. Good call im sure treliving cant wait to sign off on that one.
Notice Edmonton didn't get the 1st in the deal. Your complete lack of knowledge on Puljujarvis situation (hint he's not waiver exempt), and your complete inability to understand that a 3 way deal can be bad for 2 teams makes your post honestly look incredibly stupid.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The “comparative trash” would’ve all been top 6 scorers on the Oilers last year. But yes, they’re comparable to two fringe NHLers
Three 3rd liners and a fringe NHLer for a guy who just put up 69 points is pretty unappealing. Nuge + 3 replacement level players likely outscore those 4. We have enough quantity we'll keep our quality.

Reactions: McFlash97

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019
Three 3rd liners and a fringe NHLer for a guy who just put up 69 points is pretty unappealing. Nuge + 3 replacement level players likely outscore those 4. We have enough quantity we'll keep our quality.
You sure will lol.

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019
Notice Edmonton didn't get the 1st in the deal. Your complete lack of knowledge on Puljujarvis situation (hint he's not waiver exempt), and your complete inability to understand that a 3 way deal can be bad for 2 teams makes your post honestly look incredibly stupid.

Point was genius puljujarvi would struggle to make the flames same as he did with bottom 5 edmonton and will probably not be in the nhl shortly. He is a huge risk and will be priced accordingly.

My inability to understand a 3 way deal can be bad for someone is ridiculous. If its bad for calgary why the hell would they do it? Or anyone else for that matter. To help edmonton and ottawa?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The “comparative trash” would’ve all been top 6 scorers on the Oilers last year. But yes, they’re comparable to two fringe NHLers

Pfft, the Oilers only had 3 scorers at all last year, that's not really a feat of excellence. They're still trash when you start talking about bringing in key pieces from another team.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Flames fans:

tenor.gif

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
What?

Have you even thought about this? Value is super fair for Edmonton. I am a Calgary fan! So you guys are ok adding 6.5 million in a cap hit?

The trade does not work for your own team. Calgary fans say hell no!

Or are you a Calgary fan that does not understand a salary cap?

Either way that is not happening.
Hmm, I'm neither an Edmonton nor Calgary fan. I just thought the Flames were giving up a bit too but in that proposal.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Guarantee the speculation started because with Neal and Smith being buddies and all, it would make sense. But, the Oilers don’t have terrible contracts other than Lucic. But, the Flames don’t want a player with an NMC and an awful contract.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not sure I believe Gregor, he's crap with rumours. The one he said he heard (Russell/Lucic for Neal/Frolik) didn't make a lick of sense for Calgary anyway.

Three Edmonton media members have said the two teams were talking about about something, and Spector was on the radio a couple days ago saying they were still discussing a Lucic/Neal swap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not sure I believe Gregor, he's crap with rumours. The one he said he heard (Russell/Lucic for Neal/Frolik) didn't make a lick of sense for Calgary anyway.

Three Edmonton media members have said the two teams were talking about about something, and Spector was on the radio a couple days ago saying they were still discussing a Lucic/Neal swap.

Hard to know which one is full of it here, ha ha.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013

What were the other two media members? Because Spector is about as credible as your average poster on here

Reactions: Nanuuk

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What were the other two media members? Because Spector is about as credible as your average poster on here
Spector is a lot more credible than Gregor. The two others were Dustin Nielson and Bob Stauffer. Spector was on Oilers Now a couple days ago talking about the rumour and Stauffer was agreeing with what he was saying.

Gregor is on Twitter right now saying he never said there was talk about Lucic to the Flames, even though he published the Lucic/Russell for Neal/Frolik rumour on Oilersnation earlier this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Spector is a lot more credible than Gregor. The two others were Dustin Nielson and Bob Stauffer. Spector was on Oilers Now a couple days ago talking about the rumour and Stauffer was agreeing with stuff being reported.

I see Gregor is on Twitter right now saying he never said there was talk about Lucic to the Flames, even though he published the Lucic/Russell for Neal/Frolik rumour on Oilersnation earlier this week.

Stauffer isn't bad rumour wise, mostly because he's just a mouthpiece for the organization. I truly don't know much about Gregor.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Dubas calls FLAMES ORG with new counter proposal:

To TOR

Frolik
Neal

To CGY

Patrick Marl-

oh wait. Sorry...

To CGY

Zait-

Ummm...no....

Wait...

Dubas hangs up the phone.

Never mind. Sorry.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Point was genius puljujarvi would struggle to make the flames same as he did with bottom 5 edmonton and will probably not be in the nhl shortly. He is a huge risk and will be priced accordingly.

My inability to understand a 3 way deal can be bad for someone is ridiculous. If its bad for calgary why the hell would they do it? Or anyone else for that matter. To help edmonton and ottawa?
It doesn't help Edmonton. Your inability to understand that a 3 way deal can be bad for both Edmonton and Calgary is laughable. You are so lost.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Underperforming crap for underperforming crap.

I say make the deal.
Frolik isn't underperforming, though. Also, Calgary's underperforming crap can be bought out AND doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft. Not the case for Edmonton's underperforming crap.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Frolik isn't underperforming, though. Also, Calgary's underperforming crap can be bought out AND doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft. Not the case for Edmonton's underperforming crap.

Exactly. Calgary is in a good place cap wise, why would they make it worse while downgrading their roster? It just doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->