Friedman: Lucic on the move?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I totally understand that and that's the war I went through with some other Habs fans. This is why I think a middle ground is Patch+ for Lucic and the 10th pick +. If we can agree on the additions, I think we have a base to a deal.

Except I wouldn't do 10th overall for Pacioretty

and I wouldn't add much if anything to get rid of Lucic. Either they find a deal for Lucic that works or they just keep Lucic for longer and hope it works out.

So why are we discussing a proposal where the Oilers do 2 things they should have zero interest in doing?

Habs fans are so hot for the 10th overall and getting rid of Pacioretty that they don't seem to grasp that Pacioretty to the Oilers doesn't make any sense for the Oilers.

If you want a Lucic plus the 10th you're looking at Weber coming the other way and probably with retained salary because that contract is even more risky than Milans.

Does that make sense for Montreal? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't and in that case hey its ok there's no deal to be made. I don't need to propose ten thousand varieties of a deal that doesn't make sense for you guys like Habs fans keep doing with Pacioretty to Edmonton.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

and I wouldn't add much if anything to get rid of Lucic. Either they find a deal for Lucic that works or they just keep Lucic for longer and hope it works out.

So why are we discussing a proposal where the Oilers do 2 things they should have zero interest in doing?

Habs fans are so hot for the 10th overall and getting rid of Pacioretty that they don't seem to grasp that Pacioretty to the Oilers doesn't make any sense for the Oilers.

If you want a Lucic plus the 10th you're looking at Weber coming the other way and probably with retained salary because that contract is even more risky than Milans.

Does that make sense for Montreal? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't and in that case hey its ok there's no deal to be made. I don't need to propose ten thousand varieties of a deal that doesn't make sense for you guys like Habs fans keep doing with Pacioretty to Edmonton.

Weber is not on the table. If he is, you won't like the asking price. We should avoid this as it will turn into a post war.

Habs are interested in moving Patch cause he is drowning in Montreal but we are not desperate to move him. So if you are not interested in Patch+ for Lucic and the 10th pick +, it's ok. We can allow you to try to unload Lucic in another way. Circle back to us if you find that you can't get any other deal that works from other teams. If you find a good deal, it's all good. Habs tried.

boss10

Jun 19, 2010

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

As a hockey fan in general all i can say is WOW. Weber and retained salary to boot.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
And they claim Leaf and Hab fans are delusional.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

What he is really saying is "We cant move this god awful contract so welcome back Milan"

Pretty much, Dustin Brown certainly bounced back but he was done with the both the GM and Cocach and the Kings fixed that situation.
Oilers should have went after Trotz vs waiting to fire Todd McLellan a month or 2 into this coming season.

But maybe it will work out.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
cant see any one willing to pay for an overpaid goon but if he does get traded hes going back east

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad