Lucic Match Penalty

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Regarding LadyStanley's post of the sports article where Lucic was criticizing his match penalty in the GDT, I though skating over to the opponents bench and starting a fight was automatically a match penalty?

Someone correct me if wrong. Didn't a Shark get a match penalty for the same some years ago, Clowe perhaps?

I see someone closed the GDT and wonder if this is the new norm that GDT are closed now, or did something spiral out of control (that escapes me)?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Regarding LadyStanley's post of the sports article where Lucic was criticizing his match penalty in the GDT, I though skating over to the opponents bench and starting a fight was automatically a match penalty?

Someone correct me if wrong. Didn't a Shark get a match penalty for the same some years ago, Clowe perhaps?

I see someone closed the GDT and wonder if this is the new norm that GDT are closed now, or did something spiral out of control (that escapes me)?

Closed due to over the post limit.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the penalty is more for people who leave the bench only to go and start an altercation, like with Clarkson last year. Couture wasn't part of the play anymore which is why the match penalty was given, but people can stretch the logic and say the chasedown was part of the whole hitting event. I'm assuming that's the reasoning behind no supplementary discipline but they'll keep this in mind the next time Lucic does something stupid.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
One thing I have noticed about Lucic is that he's a selfish player and only acts physically in his own self interest. Matt Cooke can decapitate Marc Savard, no response. John Scott can run roughshod over the Bruins, no response. Lucic gets checked? Oh he'll respond.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
I missed the game last night but just saw the replay of the Lucic penalty. Looked like an elbow/punch to the face? Hope the POS gets suspended, but because he plays for LA I doubt much will happen to him...

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I actually don't care much about this. What was amazing is Juicy actually hit somebody.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I actually don't care much about this. What was amazing is Juicy actually hit somebody.

This is what people are missing. We are told that we need someone to "protect" our stars. Logan gets drilled in the head and how does he respond? He lays out one of their tough guys. Skilled players that will stand up for themselves rather than employing goons to goon is good for the team.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Threads have always been closed at 1000 posts. There's a reason why threads have "I, II, III, etc." in the titles.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
This is what people are missing. We are told that we need someone to "protect" our stars. Logan gets drilled in the head and how does he respond? He lays out one of their tough guys. Skilled players that will stand up for themselves rather than employing goons to goon is good for the team.

I liked the response, but our thinking will change if/when one of our skill players gets hurt throwing a hit or fighting.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Will it break the site if a thread gets 1,500 posts? I mean, what's the significance at stopping at 1000?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Will it break the site if a thread gets 1,500 posts? I mean, what's the significance at stopping at 1000?

Admin's orders. Helps with server strain and other moderator actions.

Legacy rules from when the internet sucked more from what I heard.

Not sure who you heard it from, but that's not correct.

Any way, we do allow some threads to run a bit over if a conversation/event is going on, but we cannot allow all threads to run endlessly.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

I would think getting drilled from a guy like Couture hurts Lucic in the pride department, mostly.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Admin's orders. Helps with server strain and other moderator actions.

Not sure who you heard it from, but that's not correct.

Any way, we do allow some threads to run a bit over if a conversation/event is going on, but we cannot allow all threads to run endlessly.

Why don't we adapt a guideline to open GDT #2 thread when the main one hits the post limit? I think other team boards do that.

I would have, but what held me back was not knowing why it was closed. Last thing I wanted is to reopen it as GDT #2 if the reason was other, and I get sent to the hfboard penalty box.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Why don't we adapt a guideline to open GDT #2 thread when the main one hits the post limit? I think other team boards do that.

I would have, but what held me back was not knowing why it was closed. Last thing I wanted is to reopen it as GDT #2 if the reason was other, and I get sent to the hfboard penalty box.

There needs to be no guideline/rule stipulated here. People are free to open a new thread as the old one hits the limit, and the majority of the time they do (hence LZ's PGT). For some reason, it seems like this is the first time you've run into this.

We do not punish people for opening a thread.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
With Mike Richards I believe. Couture must really annoy the Kings.

I'd much prefer Brown, not Couture, to run into Quick and take the retaliation since that's his role. But it is nice to see Couture not backing down.

I have to wonder what is the Ducks game this weekend going to be like. Didn't we have one of those brawling games with the Ducks early last year, but the Duck came out on the short end of the stick, or the long periods of sitting in the sin bin?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I'd much prefer Brown, not Couture, to run into Quick and take the retaliation since that's his role. But it is nice to see Couture not backing down.

I have to wonder what is the Ducks game this weekend going to be like. Didn't we have one of those brawling games with the Ducks early last year, but the Duck came out on the short end of the stick, or the long periods of sitting in the sin bin?

It was late December, Getzlaf stick tossing contest.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
With Mike Richards I believe. Couture must really annoy the Kings.

I've always felt Couture plays extra hard vs the Kings (Doughty) and Oilers (Young talent he was compared to). The Oilers stink so he scores a lot. The Kings throw 5 million checks so he gets into it vs them quite a bit. I remember Williams never stopped chirping Couture in games I've seen live, so I think you're right they do hate him quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad