Lucic confirms he will waive NMC for expansion draft

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I never wanted him, not even a little bit. But the idea of getting rid of Neal made it at least a tiny bit palatable.

Having said that, I've actually liked Looch on the Flames this year. Gladly have him back next year. I'd even love it if he retired a Flame.

Where's all the Oiler fans claiming he would never waive? That was one of the biggest "we bent you over the desk" points claiming the trade was an assault.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So you're telling me there is not a better option for Seattle to pick other than Lucic? Keep dreaming.
Might I suggest reading what is actually stated.

I said the Flames won't pay for him to be selected because he's been solid for them. Full stop.

Where exactly did I suggest he would be selected?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He, the Flames, and the Kraken, very likely all know he won't be taken in the draft. It's just a move to help the Flames out. Which is the smart thing to do if you're probably going to be stuck in Calgary. He must recognize that his contract and production aren't equivalent, just like Luongo knew, so it's a good move on his part.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Seems that Lucic still has that stigma about him when he was terrible on the Oilers.

I think Lucic is roughly 2 million overpaid. I am fine with paying a bit of a premium (3.25 million) for a third-line winger that has very good underlying metrics, does chip in offensively, plays very physical and is an intimidating presence out there. He plays the game hard and puts in honest shifts every single time. Anyone that thinks Lucic isn't a legitimate NHL'er is just outing themselves as not having watched him play for the last 2 seasons. He is overpaid by about 2 million. He is FAR from the worst contract in the league. He is very much an everyday NHL player who actually does move the needle more than you think.

This is true . Lucic was way better then Neal this year . Paying a a little extra will be worth it come payoff time . Like Kassian Lucic feeds off of the emotion from the crowds so getting people back in the arena will make Lucic even better . The only way Edmonton see value for this trade is if they buy out Neal .

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If Lucic goes to Seattle, there will also be at least on first rounder going to them from Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad