Lucic and Vandermeer... Vandermeer Smiling

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Good tilt.

I wish somebody would lay out Jack Edwards with a few upper-cuts. I hate that moran.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Moran!?

1290.jpg

Pleky Roks

Apr 29, 2010
Actually...Lucic threw his gloves in Vandemeers face and then threw 2 punches as Vandemeer was dropping his gloves. Typical Lucic....gotta get a couple of cheap punches in before the other guy is ready.

I've never seen Lucic drop the gloves fairly with anybody and then square off with the other guy....he always either throws the gloves in his opponents face and then hits him or he drops his gloves and throws punches before the other guy knows he's in a fight.

I guess he needs that element of surprise to help him out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Actually...Lucic threw his gloves in Vandemeers face and then threw 2 punches as Vandemeer was dropping his gloves. Typical Lucic....gotta get a couple of cheap punches in before the other guy is ready.

I've never seen Lucic drop the gloves fairly with anybody and then square off with the other guy....he always either throws the gloves in his opponents face and then hits him or he drops his gloves and throws punches before the other guy knows he's in a fight.

:laugh:

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Vandermeer is one of my favorite scrappers.

Too bad he's 'just' 6'1'' otherwise I think he would be a great heavyweight. He still doesnt mind to go toe to toe with them but he lacks reach.

Lucic looked gassed so this bout was not really fair, I think.

he gave up 3 inches and a few pounds but definitely held his own

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Slight edge to Lucic despite being gassed from a long shift, if they fight again and Looch isn't bagged, he will lay a beating on Vandermeer. For further proof, check out the 2nd fight between Chris Neil and Lucic, it was an exhibition game, Neil got carved up real good, he hasn't gone near Lucic since.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
i meant Vandermeer stunned Lucic. It looks like Lucic was stunned and Vandy held up on firing more shots until Lucic was all together. Watching it with the sound now even Homer Jack said Lucic was shaking off the cob webs.

Either way a real good fight by two guys throwin bombs.
I've heard people say this but I disagree, I didn't think Vandermeer did anything in that initial exchange. Lucic hung on there because he was at the end of his shift, good on Vandermeer to give him a second to catch his breath but that wasn't because of a punch.

Good fight, I'd call it a draw. Vandermeer landed the best punch but Lucic landed more, you can make the argument either way.

Bruinster*

IMO Lucic didn't want to fight and ask to stop at the start of the fight. IMO he don't want to break his hand or something in a fight who mean nothing. Sorry folk this guy is the Bruins top scorer, The Bruins can't let him fight and risk going in the playoff without him.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Narrow win to the better fighter (Vandermeer) against the strongest one (Lucic).

Lucic DID look tired, though.

straka91*

Solid tilt. Edge to Vandy on this one. Lucic is an overrated fighter but I still love his willingness to drop em and his overall style of play.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

PK is taking notes... :D

Master_Of_Districts

Apr 9, 2007
Black Ruthenia
Slight edge to Lucic despite being gassed from a long shift, if they fight again and Looch isn't bagged, he will lay a beating on Vandermeer. For further proof, check out the 2nd fight between Chris Neil and Lucic, it was an exhibition game, Neil got carved up real good, he hasn't gone near Lucic since.

Not that I necessarily disagree, but how does the fact that Lucic beat Neil in their 2nd fight prove that he would do the same the Vandermeer in the event of a rematch?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not that I necessarily disagree, but how does the fact that Lucic beat Neil in their 2nd fight prove that he would do the same the Vandermeer in the event of a rematch?

I think Lucic knows that he could have done better and the 2nd time around he would take care of business. Early in his career he took a beating from both Erskine and Gleason, in the rematch against both he did well. The funny thing with Lucic is he fights best when coming to the aid of a teammate, he has given some real beatdowns in these situations, including the Neil beating where he was paying him back for a cheapshot on Savard. He also pounded another guy this past exhibition season who took a run at Horton, not that Horton can't handle himself.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
vandy with the win. Lucic looked very gassed and/or very stunned right after vandermeer connected. it wasn't an asskicking by any stretch of the imagination, but IMO vandermeer clearly won that one.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
it was a good fight, maybe a slight edge to vandermeer but it was really close. Lucic looked good to and got in his shots which was nice to see.

how come every time Lucic fights it has to be some pissing contest on here. i don't get it.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Narrow win for Vandermeer. No major damage handed out by either guy though.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
IMO Lucic didn't want to fight and ask to stop at the start of the fight. IMO he don't want to break his hand or something in a fight who mean nothing. Sorry folk this guy is the Bruins top scorer, The Bruins can't let him fight and risk going in the playoff without him.

What kind of guy throws his gloves and throws a few punches and then asks to stop the fight. give me a break. Vandermeer slightly won the fight and it was the best possible trade off for the Oilers to have Lucic off for 5 mins with him.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

We get it, you're very sensitive when it comes to PK, now stop trolling.

Nice fight here, in real time I thought it was pretty even, in slow mo you see that Lucic doesn't really connect on any of his shots, probably why Vandermeer was smiling. Weird start to the fight though, was Lucic just stunned? And if so, why didn't Vandermeer pound him? Also, 2 great hits by Penner in this clip too, when he throws his weight around he's definitely a beast, Lucic and Horton are big guys but he just runs them over with little effort, too bad he's not this physical all the time.

Phaedrus

Dec 23, 2008

I think Lucic knows that he could have done better and the 2nd time around he would take care of business. Early in his career he took a beating from both Erskine and Gleason, in the rematch against both he did well. The funny thing with Lucic is he fights best when coming to the aid of a teammate, he has given some real beatdowns in these situations, including the Neil beating where he was paying him back for a cheapshot on Savard. He also pounded another guy this past exhibition season who took a run at Horton, not that Horton can't handle himself.

Still, this proves nothing. You think... you think? You think! Here is the problem with "you think," its all opinion and opinions are pliant mediums in which the imagination can construct anything it pleases. Lucic beat Neil, so what? He pounded "another guy," so what? I think Vandermeer was taking it easy on Lucic, so what. Vandermeer has experience fighting many of the real heavyweights in the league; he has also pounded on a lot of "other guys." Both our cogito statements are goundless... mine was simply to show the absurdity of your statement(s), and your's was groundless homerism.

And just for the record, I like Lucic - and I will be pulling for the Bruins come playoff time. 'Cause my team isn't making it.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
Good fight. I thought Vandermeer started strong and Lucic actually did pretty good near the end. But, I would call it a draw or a very slight edge to Vandermeer. As for the trolling hab fans...tired of reading the silly idiotic posts from these trolls. Hab Fans should not be commenting on fights in the NHL. Hab fans should stick to commenting on something they have a very large amount of experience and knowledge in.....diving and being a *****!

Go Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->