Proposal: Lucic($1M retention) for Quick, who says no?

Who says no?

• Total voters

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I get where you were going with this proposal, but obvious factors aside, I think the biggest reason LA would say 'no' is that Lucic doesn't solve their goaltending or defense issues. Sure they would clear some cap space, but not so much as to make it a valid move just for the space.

Actually yes it would help la goalie situation. La has Cal Petersen in the ahl right now who is most likely the future goalie in La. I love Quick for all hes done but i d love to see him get a shot with a better teams. Petersen is the future of la goalie and is ready now to get a shot.
The problem with this trade is not Lucic play so much as he would be blocking a young forward from coming up to play for his 4 years. So in short it would solve one problem but create another one.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Depends who develops an equipment allergy first. That player is more valuable :)

If you had to live with what Hossa went thru for years to play hockey for just a single week, you would be a blubbering mess, just like every other phony tough guy on this forum who makes fun of the horrendous ailment he suffered from.

'Body says you have to stop': Marian Hossa speaks about the...

But during the 2016-17 season, he didn’t care what people thought. The eczema was the worst it had ever been. It covered the front and back of his body. It leaked pus. It bled. It ended up on his bedsheets.

“After the yellow and then the blood and then after it, everything is all over,” Hossa said. “The wife washing the sheets all the time. She’s not happy too. So there’s different things. It didn’t just affect my hockey life, but my life away from hockey. I said I think this is putting to a different level where this is not right.”

The itching was another matter. That was uncontrollable, especially in the evening.

“Oh, yeah, yeah, man, it itched,” Hossa said. “I learned how to handle the itching during the day, but the worst thing is at night because when you sleep. My wife sometimes hold my hand. It’s like, ‘You’re scratching yourself again.’ After you wake it up, it’s like bloody sheets or something. So, yeah, there were those times.”

The Cyclosporine reduced some of the itching and the symptoms, but it wasn’t perfect. It also complicated Hossa’s life in other ways. For one, Hossa had to take three pills in the morning and three at night.

The drug can be so dangerous the FDA has given it a black box warning. Some of the possible side effects include an increased risk of serious infections, higher blood pressure, kidney disease, tumor and skin cancer. Hossa went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for testing every two weeks.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I'd do that in a hurry if I was the kings. At least lucic is serviceable, can play decently as a 3rd or 4th liner.

Quick on the other hand probably shouldn't play another nhl game. He's done.

Is he that bad boss?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not true at all . Lucic was bad for a year and 1/2 in Edmonton . His first year he had 49 points , the second year he was off to a great start and then for some reason the wheels fell off .

As for the OP when Lucic was with Edmonton The Kings did not want Lucic back at 50% retained so their responds is expected . Calgary fans crapped all over Lucic . He was worth less then **** . Edmonton would be lucky to get back a cap dump if they included a 1st and retained 50% . Now that he a Flame he has value ? Nope he is still as useless as a tit on a bull , but hey he had some fights this year .

Congrats on the Oilers for finding a team to dump him. I was certain a 1st would be needed.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Flames already have 6 goalies under contract

Anyway, Lucic has a NMC, so I think it's likely that Lucic would say no

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kings say no cause they decided to let Lucic walk as a UFA a few years back now. Plus, I think the Kings need Quick even if he is not his former self at the moment. Lucic is now a goon only. Hope it works out for the Flames

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Wait a little bit... Lucic and his attitude might not be so welcomed in time. So far, I think he likes the change but lets not pretend he is a good character guy with the right attitude
Not so much his attitude. I think it's fair to predict that the Kings are going to be rebuilding somewhat for the foreseeable future, whereas the Flames will challenge for their division. So, why would Lucic waive his NMC to go to a rebuilding team?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
makes zero sense for both. Maybe if you squint hard you could see it for the flames in the offseason when Talbot gone. From LA's POV no chance.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Flames were dumb enough to take Lucic. Maybe they can fool another team into doing it too??

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
At worst, Quick is a bad backup goalie on ice who is a great mentor for the younger goalies, a great teammate, and a great locker room presence.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not so much his attitude. I think it's fair to predict that the Kings are going to be rebuilding somewhat for the foreseeable future, whereas the Flames will challenge for their division. So, why would Lucic waive his NMC to go to a rebuilding team?

At the moment, he would not. In 12 months time, he might.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Now that I think of it, it might behoove the Kings to have a struggling goalie in their pocket if they are rebuilding. So, probably they will just keep Quick until they need to clear space to be competitive

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
At worst, Quick is a bad backup goalie on ice who is a great mentor for the younger goalies, a great teammate, and a great locker room presence.

If you are paying 6.8 million for that, it's a disaster.

Lucic although horribly overpaid is still making strong contributions through his physical game. A bad goalie, on the other hand, has a negative effect on the team.

Rittich looks amazing so far. No need to trade for Quick.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If you are paying 6.8 million for that, it's a disaster.

Lucic although horribly overpaid is still making strong contributions through his physical game. A bad goalie, on the other hand, has a negative effect on the team.

Rittich looks amazing so far. No need to trade for Quick.

5.8, and less in actual salary from next year on out (3.5, 3, etc).

Which really doesn't matter because we don't need cap space and his isn't preventing us from making any moves.

"disaster" isn't the word at all. At worst he's a good influence, leader, and legacy that isn't harming us from doing anything else.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad