Proposal: Lucic($1M retention) for Quick, who says no?

Who says no?

• Total voters

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I get where you were going with this proposal, but obvious factors aside, I think the biggest reason LA would say 'no' is that Lucic doesn't solve their goaltending or defense issues. Sure they would clear some cap space, but not so much as to make it a valid move just for the space.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lucic is a Flame for the remainder of his contract. Plus, we don’t want to take away Rittich’s starting minutes away that he has rightfully earned.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Flames - Looch + Brodie + Talbot + 1st(this/next year's) + 2nd 23

Kings - Brown + Quick(4.5M) + Martinez

What about this?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'd probably do this if it weren't one of the most iconic players in franchise history. It would free up a spot for Cal Peterson and the Kings could just use Lucic as a goon for 2 years then buy him out.

But Quick has been in the organization for nearly 15 years and will have his jersey retired and possibly a statue too. He meant that much to the Kings during the glory years of the franchise to trade him unless he really wanted to be traded. Especially when it doesn't give them any real significant cap relief.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dont see any rush for LA to move Quick right now tbh. They're rebuilding and can hold out hope he comes back and is at least average and becomes movable in a few years. Lucic is toast. Has been since before he went to LA. Hot garbage.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How much are the Flames going to spend on goaltending? Between Quick, Rittich, Talbot, even if they dumped him in the AHL, plus the extra $1m retention you could say is technically being spent on goaltending, that's like $11m. If I'm the Flames, I'd rather have old man Lucic than old man Quick. You can hide Lucic much easier than Quick.

Lucic and Talbot for Quick starts to make more sense, just from a roster perspective, but even then, that still doesn't make a ton of sense for Calgary. Have to start adding to the deal, on both sides, and complicated, multi-player trades are a rarity these days thanks to the cap. Usually things are fairly cut and dry. Lucic is also owed more money than Quick, so the Kings don't even get cheaper as they rebuild, which is usually not the way you want to go.

Not sure those two would form the basis of a trade, let alone be the two main pieces. Lucic for Neal was F for F, which is easier to slot. That's why when a goalie gets traded, there's usually one coming back the other way.

Ledge And Dairy

How about Carter instead of Brown and 2 1sts(in the next 3 years)
Have you watched any of the games this year? I've been quite happy with Looch's contributions so far. He also looks like he's found a previously lost edge of his game again and is more motivated to play. Carter on the other hand will do absolutely nothing for us at this point. He's not a big physical presence and isn't good enough for our top 6 anymore He's also 3 years older for only 1 less year of cap hit. IMO if we are choosing between the 2 to play bottom 6 minutes I'm keeping Lucic and my 2 firsts 15/10 times.

Also, idk why you think Carter would fetch more when Brown is the significantly better player.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I'd do that in a hurry if I was the kings. At least lucic is serviceable, can play decently as a 3rd or 4th liner.

Quick on the other hand probably shouldn't play another nhl game. He's done.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Quick has been bad for a year and 2 games, this will be 4 straight for Looch so I have to imagine Kings say no.

Not true at all . Lucic was bad for a year and 1/2 in Edmonton . His first year he had 49 points , the second year he was off to a great start and then for some reason the wheels fell off .

As for the OP when Lucic was with Edmonton The Kings did not want Lucic back at 50% retained so their responds is expected . Calgary fans crapped all over Lucic . He was worth less then shit . Edmonton would be lucky to get back a cap dump if they included a 1st and retained 50% . Now that he a Flame he has value ? Nope he is still as useless as a tit on a bull , but hey he had some fights this year .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->