Waived: Lucas Wallmark

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Trading a pick provides roster/cap flexibility for the other team?

For the team that trades the pick / acquires the player, yeah. If you claim a player off waivers, you have to keep him on the roster wheras if you trade for an already waived player, you don't.

Not saying that it's gonna happen but it could.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
For the team that trades the pick / acquires the player, yeah. If you claim a player off waivers, you have to keep him on the roster wheras if you trade for an already waived player, you don't.

Not saying that it's gonna happen but it could.

Ahh, I see what you mean. Ya, I guess that could happen in theory, but I wouldn't say it's going to happen either.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
When he was signed, people who watched Carolina seem to think it was a really good value signing. There are a number of players who don't come back too well from COVID----half the Sabres!!! I'm glad he cleared, maybe it will be a wake up call down in Rockford.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Wallmark cleared and has been put in the Taxi Squad...Chicago has waived him successfully so now teams will have the knowledge that he can be demoted easily if they need to do so...I believe he'll be dealt soon...maybe tomorrow, it's a great tool to precede a trade...

Reactions: BobbyJet

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He was decent before COVID. Especially on the PK with Janmark.
Sucks

I didn't mind his game at all. Decent PKer as well.

If it was that the Covid slowed him down then he should get another chance since he's still in the org. I wouldn't count on him being back, that said.

ya he was pretty good pre covid, kinda surprised someone like Detroit did snag him.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad