Lucas Raymond vs Moritz Seider

Who has had the better season so far?

• Total voters

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Seider because of the overall impact he has on his team. He plays in all kinds of situations and both special teams and has the most minutes(TOI) of any rookie in the league.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I’ve been more impressed with Raymond.

But if Seider can keep up anywhere near this level of offense he’ll win the Calder since he’s a defenseman

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Top paring D taking the Red Wings from the worst team in the league to a relative bubble team as a rookie versus the guy picking up points
I think they've both been extremely impressive but I don't understand this point here. Yes the Red Wings have improved, but they are both rookies that are contributing to this...one on the blue line and one on the top forward line.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think they've both been extremely impressive but I don't understand this point here. Yes the Red Wings have improved, but they are both rookies that are contributing to this...one on the blue line and one on the top forward line.

I think a top pairing defenseman has a bigger impact on the game than a top winger. Especially since Raymond is playing with the Wings two best forwards.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I agree with that. The way you worded it though was Seider was this rookie carrying the team out of the basement, while Raymond (no mention of being a rookie, let alone younger) was just getting points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad