Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
He's someone I'd like the Leafs to pick. Gifted offensively.

No ones sure if he wants to come to Norht America, I think that's a big thing with him right now.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont see how anyone could not want to come to NA. the NHL is where every kid wants to play when he grows up. if he doesnt make it he can allways go back to europe and make he's money there. if i had the oppurtunity i would easily sign with an nhl team and play in the AHL and then have a chanse to make the big team even if it meant a lower salary then i would have gotten in europe for a feaw years. and if i clearly see i will never make the nhl. i would start considering going back home.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Well I'm just saying what I've read. And if he wants to come over to North America, even better.

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
He's having troubles with Swiss Teams. He's one of the best talents in Switzerland, but teams are not used how to treat very gifted talents.

He's listening to offers in the NLA/B (Davos would be a good place for him), but he also said in an interview on hockeyfans.ch that he has couple offers from Colleges in Canada.

I think he should play one year in Davos or a junior Team in Sweden and then come over to NA.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
He's having troubles with Swiss Teams. He's one of the best talents in Switzerland, but teams are not used how to treat very gifted talents.

He's listening to offers in the NLA/B (Davos would be a good place for him), but he also said in an interview on hockeyfans.ch that he has couple offers from Colleges in Canada.

I think he should play one year in Davos or a junior Team in Sweden and then come over to NA.

colleges in canada? i hope you mean NCAA, no offence to the CIS but it isnt a place to develop. Do you think maybe he'll come over in the CHL Import Draft?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i think we will se him in the CHL next season.

btw. does he even play in the best league in switzerland???

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
From what I've heard Swiss teams are little bit conservative.
However I think scouts and Swiss guys must know better.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
There is an interesting interview with him in the March Issue of McKeens Draft Digest.

He claims to be a good student and is interested in attending school. I believe he means the NCAA.

thanks for posting that, I remember a little bit ago I heard he had some attitude problems, did you get that at all from the interview?

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
What a name :D Gotta be why he dropped... teams are scared of what kind of mistakes the commentators may make.

Sashulitshka

May 11, 2005
thanks for posting that, I remember a little bit ago I heard he had some attitude problems, did you get that at all from the interview?
He is a nice guy with quite a bright brain. He is more selfconfident than it's natural in an average Swiss personality and this is irritating some coaches, and people who surround him. As a player he is maybe the most talented prospect coming out of Switzerland, in my eyes he is more talented than former 1st-rounder Michel Riesen was, :eek::eek::eek::eek:i has an excellent so called "upside". Right now he is a very raw diamond with wholes in his game as not using his body enough, needs to add some grit to his game (although he has a good, strong body and very strong legs), not being involved defensiveley enough, not shooting enough). But all these things are more or less easy to learn and improve. If he has good coaches in the future and if he will learn from them - then he has a very bright future because no Swiss player has as smooth hands (he has one sensational move on his forehand), no Swiss player has such smooth and effortless skating - he has very good acceleration from 2nd to 3rd gear. In addition he has very good offensive vision because he doesnt' need to watch the puck while stickhandling, he can dish out brilliant passes and he can rush down the ice and create danger out of nothing because he is very dangerous in one on ones. He also must work with his consistency, he sometimes has shifts where he looks like a sure fire first-rounder and then he has shifts you don't even notice him. He is definitely not a can't miss prospect because he will never play in a third or fourth-line in the NHL but he has the potential to become a first- or second-liner. So if you are an organisation who is looking for a brilliant skill/skating-package with the chance to make the difference in powerplays and in creating chances out of nothing then take him quite early (between late first and early third-round). If you are looking for solid up and down grinders, reliable, no mistake-players, gritty players with and edge and the ability to shut-down the opposing offense then you won't take :eek::eek::eek::eek:i at all. To finish this statement: He is really prepared to do everything he needs to become an NHLer, he doesn't want to sit out his originally planned Swiss way if he can develop better in NA. He is prepared to do whatever it takes. All stories about "he never will come over", "he will go for the fast and easy money in Switzerland", "he has a bad character and is a spoiled brat" - all this is just bad rumours coming out of the still existing "Swiss reputation" - but don't forget - it's personalities not nationalities and in terms of Swiss personalities just judge what Mark Streit did do in his career. I gues he is a posterboy of somebody who really grinded out his way to the NHL despite having the chance of becoming rich in the Swiss league. I don't tell that :eek::eek::eek::eek:i has the personality of Streit but he is definitely also not the opposite.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
whatever happened to that other highly touted former first rounder Michel Reisen? wheres he now? and what kind of player is he? any chance he ever gets another shot at NHL?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
what was the case for him? did he decide that he just didnt want to come over to play in North America and stick around long enough to develop, or was he just not good enough plain and simple?

i really dont know the whole story, but my guess is that he wasnt good enough and decided he would make more money in the swiss league then the AHL.

jonas234567

Sep 20, 2005
He's just a scorer, I'd give him NHL-potential, but he doesn't seem to have the toughness to suceed in the NHL. He'll never go again to the NHL, his salary in Davos is very high and he scores and scores and scores. He doesn't want more, at least it looks like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->