Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
...Everyone was really high on him a few months ago, and now he's out of every mock 1st rounds...

Is there something that happened recently?

:biglaugh: That is an absolutely awsome name. I want the Leafs to sign him just for the jokes that would be flying if he ever scored an NHL goal: :eek::eek::eek::eek:I SCORES!!!:biglaugh:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I really want to throw some :eek::eek::eek::eek:i zingers out there, but I'm worried they'll be taken seriously and that I'll get banned.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Tim Ramholt is another Swiss draft pick who came over to play in the AHL. He was a second rounder for Calgary in 2003 and is playing for Omaha right now. He's definitely still adjusting to North American hockey, but it looks like there is some possibility that he could someday stick in the NHL.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Good point about Weber and Cereda...maybe more will start coming over...but it's still less than a 50/50 chance based on stats, so you're taking a chance if you're drafting them overseas.

Weber will be picked in the top four rounds this season because he's already playing in North America. If he wasn't; he would be a late round pick at best I bet.

I'll get a better idea of where Luca's heart is at when i talk to him tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to hearing the interview with :eek::eek::eek::eek:i. I must make a point of purchasing the next issue (is that where it will appear?).

milieu bluez

Jul 22, 2004
1st shift (Finally)
I would think the Stl Blues might take a RISK on him since we have so many picks in this years draft. But in the end after reading the Mckeen magazine and other sources he just seems to have bust written all over him. But you never know.

Looking forward to that interview.

Ciccio

Mar 7, 2007
Tent Town
Who was that Swiss guy the Oilers dafted way back when, Michel Reisen...enough said....No way to drafting another Swiss Miss...stick with a good canuck or american ....or take a flyer on a Swede before wasting another pick on a Swiss player

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Luca Cereda was also drafted in the 1st round. Granted he did not turn out well. But he was willing to come over to North America and play for the '67s. Unfortunately, health problems prevented that from happening.

And of course, as you know, Yannick Weber and Lukas FLueler are already playing in the CHL.

So perhaps the trend is changing and we will start to see Swiss players come to North America in an attempt to make in the NHL. But who knows?

Arnaud Jacquemet played for Kootenay. Juraj Simek is playing in WHL aswell. There are also Timo Helbling, Tobias Stephan and Tim Ramholt.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Who was that Swiss guy the Oilers dafted way back when, Michel Reisen...enough said....No way to drafting another Swiss Miss...stick with a good canuck or american ....or take a flyer on a Swede before wasting another pick on a Swiss player
By no means is that "enough said." In fact you have failed to make a valid argument at all. Let me suggest that you not choose your player according to his nationality. Consider skills, attitude, work ethic, size, strength, and production first.

And especially don't choose him or not because he has the same nationality as some previous prospect.

This should be obvious, but . . .

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
I say the Flyers draft :eek::eek::eek::eek:i and then he and Romy could be on the Phantoms together, but then again we dont have a 2nd and I think end of the 1st round is a little early for him.

milieu bluez

Jul 22, 2004
1st shift (Finally)
I say the Flyers draft :eek::eek::eek::eek:i and then he and Romy could be on the Phantoms together, but then again we dont have a 2nd and I think end of the 1st round is a little early for him.

I think even a 2nd is high for him but someone will probably take the chance. If he makes it to the 3rd round he will go earlie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad