Luca Caputi

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
absolutely, he deserved to make the team in the first place, but john mitchell got in for being a scrub(burke admitted mitchell didn't even actually make the team, but the fact he was on a 1-way or something like that) and then he got a sports hernia and has been out for most of the year. Definately has pro potential as a 3rd line powerforward with maybe 2nd line potential if everything works out for him.

Milan the God*

absolutely, he deserved to make the team in the first place, but john mitchell got in for being a scrub(burke admitted mitchell didn't even actually make the team, but the fact he was on a 1-way or something like that) and then he got a sports hernia and has been out for most of the year. Definately has pro potential as a 3rd line powerforward with maybe 2nd line potential if everything works out for him.

Then why did Burke re-sign Mitchell?

Milan the God*

Why'd he ship him out for next to nothing?

Read the part I bolded in the poster's quote. He said that Burke admitted the only reason Caputi didn't make the team is because of John Mitchell's one way contract. If this was true then Burke wouldn't have re-signed Mitchell in the summer.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He's gunna stay for sure. He will be a good 3rd liner one day. Injuries just set him back a lot. He's a good net presence who's decent at every aspect of the game, if he improves he could be a gem

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
He missed most of the season with an injury. I think it is a reasonably safe bet that he will turn into a solid, physical 3rd liner on a good team in the next few years as long as he can stay healthy.

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
Think Raffi Torres with less grit + offense.

Physical 3rd liner that can score 15-20 + 20 assists

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
He deserved to be on the Leafs out of camp. I certainly hope he gets another shot after being injured for most of the year. He could make a great third liner down the road I think.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Think Raffi Torres with less grit + offense.

Physical 3rd liner that can score 15-20 + 20 assists

I don't think Torres is a good comparison. Torres is a short tank, while Caputi is tall but really lanky. And Caputi doesn't hit like Torres can.

The offensive production might end up being similar, but their actual styles aren't comparable, IMO.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think that's one of the problems for Caputi, he has a very lean build and he'd be more effective if he had a tank like build.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I really like Caputi's game in the pre-season he crashed the net well, and had some chemistry with army.. he just needs to get back on track and he will have a role somewhere as a top 9 forward.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Very underwhelming prospect IMO, and I say this as a Leafs fan. He's tall, but as stated not that strong, not exceptionally physical, and despite very good OHL and AHL production he really does not look dangerous offensively in the NHL. If he was more physical I'd say he projects as a real good 3rd liner, but since he isn't I see him as more of a mediocre 3rd liner in the future. Upside I'd peg as a less physical Troy Brouwer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->