LT's Team Draft GM Game - General Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
LT's Team Draft GM Game

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE RULES

Each GM will select two teams in a team snake draft (e.g. first overall will also pick last). The order will be randomized. This draft will begin Friday at 8:00 PM EST with a clock lasting 30 minutes. You MUST tag the next GM up in your post. Failure to do so may result in penalties later on in the game. If you know you will not be online at the time of the draft, send me (or another GM you know will be online) a list. If your clock time runs out, you will be auto'd the tenth best team available based on the 2017-2018 NHL standings. You will NOT be able to change this team later. You also may receive penalties later on.

After the conclusion of the team draft, a separate player draft will occur. This draft will consist of players from the teams that were not selected. The order will be the inverse order of the team draft. This draft will begin Saturday at 8:00 PM EST with a clock lasting 15 minutes. Again, you MUST tag the next GM up in your post. Failure to do so may result in penalties later on.If you know you will not be online at the time of the draft, send me (or another GM you know will be online) a list. If your clock time runs out, your pick will be nullified. You will NOT be able to select a player later. You also may receive penalties later on. Players not selected in the player draft and current UFAs will not be available for the remainder of this game. Current RFAs will remain with their current teams.

After both of these drafts, trading will occur for a number of days (likely around 5). There will be no salary cap for this game. Each GM will create both a contending roster (trying to win the Stanley Cup this year) and a rebuilding roster (trying to win the Stanley Cup 10 years from now). Once the trading period ends, every GM will submit a ranking of every team, ranking both the contending and rebuilding teams separately (i.e. every GM will submit two lists ranking every team in each category). The voting period will last for 24 hours. Failure to vote may result in penalties later. Once these rankings have been compiled, the top 8 teams in each category will make it to the playoffs, in the same format as the NHL playoffs. Another two rounds of voting will be done to determine the finalists in each category - the winner of each will then be determined using the Polls section. GMs can build their teams however they prefer - the focus can be put only on one team, or both teams can be built evenly. It is entirely up to you.

Ultimately, the winner of this game will be the GM who's teams together score the most points. A GM may not win either the Stanley Cup or the Rebuilder's Cup, but could win this GM game if they amass the most points. The scoring system is as follows:
  • 5 points for making the playoffs in either category
  • 10 points for making the second round in either category
  • 20 points for making the finals in either category
  • 30 points for winning either category
For example, a GM who's teams make both of the finals will earn 40 points, while a GM who's teams win one Cup but fail to make the playoffs in the other will only earn 30 points. Points can be deducted: the possible penalties mentioned above will most likely be deductions in points, ranging from 1 to 5 depending on the situation.

The commissioner (LatvianTwist) maintains the right to veto any trade deemed unfair or beyond the spirit of the game. If a trade is vetoed and enough GMs object and voice their opinions in a respectful way, the veto may be reconsidered.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE RULES

Like this post upon reading to this point. If you fail to like this post by the start of the team draft, you will not be included in this game. There will be no exceptions.

General Manager​
Team 1​
Team 2​
Washington Capitals​
Los Angeles Kings​
Tampa Bay Lightning​
Calgary Flames​
Toronto Maple Leafs​
Vancouver Canucks​
San Jose Sharks​
Vegas Golden Knights​
@OB5
Florida Panthers​
Montreal Canadiens​
Carolina Hurricanes​
Pittsburgh Penguins​
Buffalo Sabres​
Dallas Stars​
Edmonton Oilers​
Anaheim Ducks​
Winnipeg Jets​
Boston Bruins​
Nashville Predators​
Philadelphia Flyers​
Chicago Blackhawks​
New York Rangers​
Colorado Avalanche​
Columbus Blue Jackets​
St. Louis Blues​
Arizona Coyotes​
New York Islanders​
Detroit Red Wings​
New Jersey Devils​
Minnesota Wild​
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
A bit off the board with the first pick, but I can't say I'm surprised :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, be sure to read the entire OP, @forsbergavs32. There's something in there you (and everyone else) need to do ASAP.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Still waiting on:

@Buchburger1683

To read the rules in their entirety. OB5 has contacted me and will be playing the game but will not be particularly active due to a business trips.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Shouldn’t the Rebuilder be 5 instead of 10? Half the players in the league in 10 years will be retired or close to retirement.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Shouldn’t the Rebuilder be 5 instead of 10? Half the players in the league in 10 years will be retired or close to retirement.

Exactly. Rebuilding teams should be comprised of mostly prospects and young players (25 and younger). I don't want to explicitly make that a rule, but that's typically been how rebuilders are handled in the past.

Reactions: VanIslander

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Making a rule and forcing me to like your post? What if I don't like it? :popcorn:

I will participate and try to be as active as I can. PSA - Usually PMs and mentions will get my attention.

banned

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Can someone give me a run down of how this actually works? I read the rules and what not but I guess I am still trying to figure out how this works/point of it.

Sorry for the ignorance lol it’s my first day.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can someone give me a run down of how this actually works? I read the rules and what not but I guess I am still trying to figure out how this works/point of it.

Sorry for the ignorance lol it’s my first day.

What exactly is unclear in the rules?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
yea, think today is the first time I have logged on in a few months at least. and still pretty busy or I would take the last spot

Gotcha. Glad to see you back! How's life treating you?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So uh apparently the clock started tonight even though it specifically says clock doesn’t start until tomorrow? Literally everyone it says it doesn’t start until tomorrow.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's been friday in my mind all day, f***

let me think about this

Reactions: Gecklund

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Buch hasn’t responded yet, so I’m assuming he’s out. Hasn’t been active anyway.

If we add two more, both their picks will come at the end of the team draft and there will be no player draft.

Sound good?

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad