Recalled/Assigned: Lowry and Stafford on IR, Lipon and Cormier called up

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Glad that JC is coming up. Petan showed he needs some seasoning in the AHL, and should stay there.

Lipon has worked extremely hard for the opportunity. Hopefully he'll provide the team with some high energy, safe 4th line minutes during his time here.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
No, that would be exactly the right message. You can get out of the doghouse just as quickly as you can earn it. Lowry took 4 games.

That said I think it is better to leave Petan where he is a little longer. I hope Lipon gets into a game or 2 and that Cormier stays in the PB.

I think the reference is to McCambridge's doghouse Petan's benching a couple of weeks ago for being late for practice).

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I think the reference is to McCambridge's doghouse Petan's benching a couple of weeks ago for being late for practice).

That is the doghouse I was referencing. It just seems like promotion would undermine McC's authority with his team. I dunno, it's debatable. I can also see Mort's point.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Right. I had forgotten that. Same thing applies though. Coaches doghouse shouldn't be vindictive. It should be a message. Once received, understood, acted upon it should be forgotten. Ideally that is.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Right. I had forgotten that. Same thing applies though. Coaches doghouse shouldn't be vindictive. It should be a message. Once received, understood, acted upon it should be forgotten. Ideally that is.

Petan still has a long way to go before he's back in the NHL. He doesn't play fast enough, he is a turnover machine even in the AHL because of it. Small sample of 3 games seen live. These are the same issues that caused his corsi to be so bad in the NHL. Love him on the PP though.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Maurice said in his pregame presser they're thinking these guys might be back saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad