Recalled/Assigned: Lowry and Stafford on IR, Lipon and Cormier called up

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Good for Lipon, about time he gets a taste of NHL action.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Cormier continues to get call-ups, especially when Maurice has demonstrated that he's only comfortable using him as a grocery stick. Why not call up Petan?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IR for Stafford and Lowry is retro to thursday so they could come back in the lineup in time for the Nashville game.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I've liked Lipon to date so happy to see him get in the lineup. Probably a role thing, but at some point De Leo should be getting looks over Cormier imo.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Lipon doesn't have the skill for the NHL game (doesn't have much skill at AHL level). I suppose he's better than Peluso, but that's not saying anything. Would rather have Petan or De Leo come up.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
The Jets release said IR retro to Jan 14th.

My understanding while reading the CBA is the 14th would be considered the 1st day, and the 8th day after is Thursday so they should be eligible to come back. Only miss one game, not a huge deal.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Lipon doesn't have the skill for the NHL game (doesn't have much skill at AHL level). I suppose he's better than Peluso, but that's not saying anything. Would rather have Petan or De Leo come up.

My expectation of Lipon is that he'll be a feistier version of Matt Halischuk at the NHL level.

In other words, someone who you don't want in your lineup on a regular basis, but can suffice as a 13th/14th forward.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Cormier can win a face off and play a role. We have two centremen out.

Petan isn't ready yet and the coach was never comfortable with him. Let him figure out the pro game with the Moose.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Petan isn't ready yet and the coach was never comfortable with him. Let him figure out the pro game with the Moose.

Plus, it sends the wrong message to promote a player so soon after his coach has had him in the doghouse.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Good for Lipon, will be nice for him to get than NHL paycheque. Excited to see what he can bring

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Was at the second lake erie game and I as not very impressed with Petan TBH. He's still over stickhandling through the neutral zone and after carrying it over the blue line. He needs to make quicker and simpler plays at times. Until he does more of that I doubt he'll be back with the Jets.

DeLeo on the other hand looked fantastic. He's making those plays and he's finding the open ice for scoring chances.

I can see why they want to continue getting those guys ice time rather than ride a plane all day to perhaps sit in the PB or dress and play 5 minutes .

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

What role is that? Take a half dozen faceoffs, play 4-5 minutes of sheltered hockey and cheerlead on the bench?

We have plenty of players who can fill the fourth line C role. Why not call up someone who has a chance of contributing in the top 9 and on the PP like Petan or DeLeo?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
What role is that? Take a half dozen faceoffs, play 4-5 minutes of sheltered hockey and cheerlead on the bench?

We have plenty of players who can fill the fourth line C role. Why not call up someone who has a chance of contributing in the top 9 and on the PP like Petan or DeLeo?

Because they can't even perform the basics at a NHL level yet. Why put them in a position to fail when they aren't ready? We've already seen Petan struggle and get his butt kicked by NHL 4th liners, what's changed in a month? Give them time to develop.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hopefully Lipon will get to play finally and we can see how he adjusts to the NHL. Don't really care about Cormier. Hope Stafford is back soon.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The Jets appear to use the seniority system in making decisions rather than earn your role.

Don't love the Cormier move but it's hard to say Lipon hasn't earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->