lowest moment of the season(discussion)

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
The fact that fans have been so spoiled with so many good recent years of following a competitive team in the top third of the league has made this all the more painful. You always miss something the most right around the time it is first taken away, and that was what we went through.

It was just so irksome to see during the lowest points of the season. I know the guys were trying to stay positive, but the players simply didn't look mad when they lost. They looked totally fine with it. They didn't even seem that stressed about missing the playoffs. It was hard to sense any urgency from the team or its players at all. That has been one of the toughest things for me.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I'd say that the lowest point has to be the second period of the game last night. Down two goals in a must win game and they phone it in. Pathetic performance.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I knew the team was (made love to) when they sent Shinkaruk back to junior, after he made the team (Coach's roster). This proved Tortorella wasn't given the guys he wanted. It was very, very obvious that he didn't have the guys to run his scheme. Everybody knew it but put the onus on him anyway. Certain disaster potential, ignored.

mavstar

No expectations
Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
7-4 against the Islanders. I was at that game and that was the worst collapse I've ever witnessed. I knew this team was going nowhere after that game concluded.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I think today is the lowest moment of the season. Tomorrow may beat it depending on what happens.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I knew the team was (made love to) when they sent Shinkaruk back to junior, after he made the team (Coach's roster). This proved Tortorella wasn't given the guys he wanted. It was very, very obvious that he didn't have the guys to run his scheme. Everybody knew it but put the onus on him anyway. Certain disaster potential, ignored.

I was as high on Shinkaruk as anyone during the preseason, but even I had to eventually admit that he wasn't ready for prime time. Next season, who knows, assuming his rehab goes well and he can put on some muscle so he isn't getting casually shoved out of the way by NHL dmen we might have a rising star on our hands. But as low points go, Shink's return to junior was a lofty, stratospheric moment of orgasmic joy relative to what happened since.

Lowest point of the season? Even now we might not have hit it yet depending on who else is joining Trev in the new front office. I thought it was Tort's WWF dressing room storming. Then I thought it was Hanzal singlehandedly ruining 3 of our forwards in one game. Then the Heritage Classic gong show and subsequent Luongo trade. Then going into the 3rd period up 3-0 on an Islanders team without Tavares, Vanek and Moulson and managing to lose 7-4. Now, firing Gillis and naming Linden (as much as I love the guy) to a newly-created level of management that nobody associated with the team has defined to my satisfaction.

Stay tuned, folks. Tomorrow Aquaman will probably name Jim Sandlak director of player development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad