Lowest level of play with goal horns?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What's the lowest level of play you've seen where the 'home' team had a goal horn?

It'd seem that there would be some arbitrary level of amateur play where it's warranted, but one level down, it's classless and poor sportsmanship.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
What's the lowest level of play you've seen where the 'home' team had a goal horn?

It'd seem that there would be some arbitrary level of amateur play where it's warranted, but one level down, it's classless and poor sportsmanship.

One guy brought a fog horn onto the bench at a low level ball hockey game and insisted on blowing it every time we scored. He did it twice, then the referee decided he had enough and said he'd give us a penalty if we used it again.

It didn't matter though, because we lost that game 5-2.

Wile E Coyotes

Oct 29, 2009
Arizona
After a skills clinic at my arena I sat and watched a mite game, along with music before the puck drop, when the home team scored, a "goal horn" would play through the PA system. I was pretty impressed.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
High school was the first time I played with all the bells and whistles (horns). You know, national anthem, music during stoppages and goal horn.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
After a skills clinic at my arena I sat and watched a mite game, along with music before the puck drop, when the home team scored, a "goal horn" would play through the PA system. I was pretty impressed.

At the Ice Den right?? Yea during Mini-mite - Bantam house games they play a general goal horn when either team scores. Gets the little kids all happy, but the older ones really don't give a damn lol.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
There's a Senior AA league running in Northern BC called the Central Interior Hockey League. Kitimat, Terrace, Prince Rupert, Smithers, Hazelton, Houston, Burns Lake and Williams Lake all have teams. I know Kitimat, at least, has a horn that goes off for goals.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
In house league here it happens only in champioship games. I've made it go off 4 times :) . When I used to play rep we didn't have but then again I quit when I was 12 because I couldn't stand the rep parents attitude with them thinking their kid is going to the majors. Well that and I hated my coaching because apparently I don't play a proper way or something when I was goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad