Lowest hockey IQ players in the NHL

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
Sam Bennett. Prove me wrong. Never watched a player with such low hockey IQ. He is a good third liner who can play physical and forecheck but his passing and decision making is very bad.

Who are some players who have low hockey IQ?

Reactions: Red

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd give the honor to Marco Scandella for the Sabres. I never have any idea why he is the place that he is, or even a clue why he might think that's the place that he should be. And heaven help us when he handles the puck.

Reactions: IlikeEich

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Adrian Kempe has a lot of speed and motor skills, but no idea how to use them. Ray Ferraro said as much on the broadcast last night, that he doesn't think the game at nearly the same speed that he plays it. He looks good when he has space to skate, but once he's challenged for the puck, he turns it over because he doesn't know what to do with it. Then, he doesn't know how to get it back and takes offensive zone penalties. He's pretty frustrating, especially because it's obvious that he could be good if his hockey IQ were better.

Reactions: Fixxer and kilowatt

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I don't watch enough hockey other than my team to really judge other players

But as a Panthers fan, easy choice is Mike Matheson. The poor guy just can't think the game at the NHL level

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I'd give the honor to Marco Scandella for the Sabres. I never have any idea why he is the place that he is, or even a clue why he might think that's the place that he should be. And heaven help us when he handles the puck.

What's weird is I'd swear his billing and reputation were the complete opposite when we got him. Nothing flashy, but a good decision maker and a stable presence on the backend. Liked the move at the time, but yeah, he's brutal to watch.

Kris Letang

Crosby
Malkin
Letang

I honestly don't watch enough Pens to know- what makes Letang good then? Skating and shot? I feel like he finds angles for his shot pretty well, is his passing bad? Or is it just defensive decisions?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's pretty amazing that Kasperi Kapanen manages to be an effective NHL player with his hockey IQ.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->