Confirmed with Link: Lovejoy to Dallas for 2019 3rd rounder and Carrick

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I debated a “my work here is done” type of post but I didn’t want to give anyone false hope that I’d actually go away.

And just for the record I never had any problem with Lovejoy the person or player.

I didn’t like his usage and the fact that he was taking protected minutes from a young defender who could have benefitted from them. Granted last year the team made the playoffs and I won’t second guess that part of it but signing a bottom pair guy on a rebuilding team just made no sense to me.

Then Hynes made it worse by giving him a long leash while holding younger players to a higher standard. Then we had to watch him flounder around at times when they would ask him to protect a lead with a minute left or get knocked down by a smaller aggressive player he should have dominated.

Signing him was a head scratcher and if Santini eventually turns it around we are going to wonder why it took him so long when the answer is because he was denied he sheltered and protected minutes he could have used to grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if Carrick is that good or if he has a future here after this year, but he's probably better than Dalton Prout, he's not signed past this year and he's also better than Gryba or Santini if I had to guess.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I'm not sure if Carrick is that good or if he has a future here after this year, but he's probably better than Dalton Prout, he's not signed past this year and he's also better than Gryba or Santini if I had to guess.

the fact is..... its over. lovejoy prolly got too much flak, but he wasnt all that great.

we got some assets and thats all that matters. shero is now taking crap from all over the place and its wrong. we overachieved last year and were due to regress.

with a healthy hall, ty smith, and a piece or two we have a shot...... sucks to forget about a season this early but i know ill be going to a few games from here on out. we are on the right track. slow and steady wins the race.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the fact is..... its over. lovejoy prolly got too much flak, but he wasnt all that great.

we got some assets and thats all that matters. shero is now taking crap from all over the place and its wrong. we overachieved last year and were due to regress.

with a healthy hall, ty smith, and a piece or two we have a shot...... sucks to forget about a season this early but i know ill be going to a few games from here on out. we are on the right track. slow and steady wins the race.
I don't think we overachieved last year as much as we underachieved this year.

We probably overachieved a little bit, but I think we massively overachieved this year. At least up until some point in December or January. At this point, the lineup is so bad that if we win more than 7 more games or more than 14 points, we've probably overachieved with the lineups we've had out there this last month or few weeks or so. It almost seems like we won't win more than 5 more games, if even that, but I think we have 4 wins since the last time I said I'd be shocked if we won more than 5 more games this season.

If we fix the goaltending and make sure Andy Greene doesn't play anywhere near 21 minutes next year, we might be competing for a playoff spot again. We should have competed for one this year with the lineups we had early on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->