Confirmed with Link: Lovejoy to Dallas for 2019 3rd rounder and Carrick

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Great trade, thrilled to not ever have to hear the guy speak again. Always sounded like he was trying to be the smartest guy in the room when he actually sounded like he was the furthest thing from it.

I could listen to Ben speak all day. He has a great voice

Reactions: nugg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars have Lovejoys cousin Gavin Bayreuther in the system and he played for them this year when half the defense was injured . Does it count that a blood relative played for the team ?

Reactions: glenwo2

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He was being called a disgrace of a player just the other day on this very forum. It's pretty regular during gameday threads for posts yelling to waive him or get him off the team.

If what you say is true (it was said he is a disgrace and most Devils fans spoke ill of Lovejoy in GDTs, and I agree they did, how could he be a "great" 3rd pairing defensemen?

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Carrick is NOT the main piece of this. Why are people even worrying about it?
Seriously. We're hoping for a lottery pick and maybe trade back into the first round with all the other pics they acquire. Couldn't care less about Carrick. In fact, I'm hoping he helps their chances for that lottery pick :sarcasm:

Reactions: Billdo

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If what you say is true (it was said he is a disgrace and most Devils fans spoke ill of Lovejoy in GDTs, and I agree they did, how could he be a "great" 3rd pairing defensemen?
...because argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy and the stats support the position that he was good in his role.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Very good trade by Shero, yet again.

First off, it is important to note that Ben Lovejoy is a very solid lower-pairing defenseman, who has been a leader and consummate professional for his entire tenure in New Jersey. He's a team-first guy, and Devils fans should be happy to have had him.

That being said, if 2018-19 has made anything clear in Jersey, it's that the blueline needs to be revamped if this team is going to succeed in the future. Lovejoy was a UFA who was not in the Devils future plans, and Ray Shero did an excellent job of maximizing his value, getting a valuable third round pick and a serviceable and mobile third-pairing RD in Connor Carrick.

If the season ended today, the Devils would have not only a top-5 pick, but also 5 picks in the top 80 of a strong draft class. Excellent work by the Devils brass, yet again.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So are there any Lovejoy moments we can play for the intro video next year? His empty-netter in the playoffs I suppose.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Definitely can't complain about the returns for Lovejoy and Boyle. Ray is doing a great job amassing picks here.

My ideal, not totally unrealistic return for MoJo would be a 2020 first from a fringe playoff team. I've read the top of the 2020 draft looks strong, would be great to pick up what easily could become a second lotto pick. Don't necessarily think Johansson can net a 1st, but one can dream!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->