Confirmed with Link: Lovejoy to Dallas for 2019 3rd rounder and Carrick

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Don't know much about Carrick, but that's a pretty solid pick for Lovejoy. A roster player is gravy. If Carrick sucks we can just not qualify him at the end of the year.

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Dallas sees Lovejoy as an improvement from Carrick so I’m not expecting much from him.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
RFA after this year. At first I was thinking it was a cap dump by Dallas, but maybe he's just an add like people here are saying. Maybe they traded an offensive D for a defensive one.

From forecaster.ca:

Assets: Owns tremendous puck-moving ability and overall mobility from the back end. Also boasts plenty of offensive prowess and can be an asset on the power play at the NHL level.

Flaws: Could stand to get physically stronger to withstand the rigors of the National Hockey League schedule. Must also learn to limit his mistakes, with and without the puck, in the NHL.

Career Potential: Mobile, puck-moving defenseman with a little upside.

Frankly, I would have been happy with just a 3rd.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
RFA after this year. At first I was thinking it was a cap dump by Dallas, but maybe he's just an add like people here are saying. Maybe they traded an offensive D for a defensive one.

From forecaster.ca:

Assets: Owns tremendous puck-moving ability and overall mobility from the back end. Also boasts plenty of offensive prowess and can be an asset on the power play at the NHL level.

Flaws: Could stand to get physically stronger to withstand the rigors of the National Hockey League schedule. Must also learn to limit his mistakes, with and without the puck, in the NHL.

oddly enough his first career goal assisted by Marcus johansson

Reactions: nugg and glenwo2

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I'm surprised we got an NHL defenseman .. and third.. Shero gets value when he makes trades I will give him that.. I never feel like the devils get ripped off.. Carrick appears to be a guy they can play right away on the right side.. again smaller is statue which isn't really what this defense needs but at 24 years old still could have some upside

Reactions: nugg and glenwo2

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

From forecaster.ca:

He'll get an audition for the remainder of the year, if he sucks we can just decide to not qualify him. He's RFA at the end of the year so we can just walk away.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm surprised we got an NHL defenseman .. and third.. Shero gets value when he makes trades I will give him that.. I never feel like the devils get ripped off.. Carrick appears to be a guy they can play right away on the right side.. again smaller is statue which isn't really what this defense needs but at 24 years old still could have some upside

It's not just that, many of you really need to look back at precedent for deadline deals. Guys like Lovejoy are far more valued around the league than they are here, same as Boyle.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It's not just that, many of you really need to look back at precedent for deadline deals. Guys like Lovejoy are far more valued around the league than they are here, same as Boyle.

If Lovejoy just played PK and 3rd pairing during his entire tenure here ppl wouldn't have bitched so much. The guy can handle that and for the amount of crap he get on here, a lot of it is unwarranted.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Lovejoy had value because Lovejoy was valuable. The guy has been a solid 3rd pairing defneseman and great penalty killer for 2 years straight here, but a lot of people ignore that.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

I think Lovejoy is a fantastic defenseman in the right situation don't get me wrong.. but he is clearly a guy we are not re signing. and I would have been happy with a 3rd my point is they got a guy that has played almost 200 NHL games back in return.. so I thought it was a good return for Lovejoy.. but I think Dallas got a great player in return.. good trade for both...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sounds like a right handed John Moore - fast, adds a little offense, but a defensive liability. Maybe he's destined to be our next OT hero :)

Taylor Fedun was/is a better offense defenseman on the third pairing . Carrick just makes too many mistakes . Even did in in the AHL . He voluntarily went down during the Bye-Week and All-Star break and played 3 AHL games with the Texas Stars. Was really bad in two of the three games and in one his offensive ability won the game. His offensive upside does not make up for his defensive shortcomings in the NHL.

Reactions: devilsblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad