Love yourself one day at a time

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
As y'all know, my name is Kevin and I'm a certified Corporate Security Fella. I'm divorced, haven't seen my kids in 6 years and currently struggle with alcoholism.

A couple of days ago I came close to ending it all. The suffering we call "life", I mean. I asked myself: Kevin, what's the purpose of your existence? Is it the chronic anxiety, the consant mockery you face at work, or just the fact that someone has to be the fat, bald and depressed fella with a dead-end job? I decided that none of those reasons were enough to make me continue living.

So I tried to OD with hydrocodone. Took 18 Vicodins and just waited for the good ol' grim reaper to come and get me, to guide me to the promised land. I wanted to see the face of God, and of those that I lost long time ago.

As you can see, it didn't quite work out the way I thought it would. What a shame.

But I do believe I learnt something.

"What? What is it, share your knowledge with us, old man Kevs!"

I will, kiddos. I will... I learnt that you should love yourself. That's the key to happiness.

I took a long, hard look at myself. What I saw wasn't pretty. How could I possibly ever love myself? I've done some real brutal stuff... I'm not the nicest guy... I'm ugly... I have no ambitions, dreams or any of that stuff. I'm just not a very great guy.

So what I did next will shock you.

I decided to give myself a fresh start. What's in the past, is in the past. I've got a debt of $120,000. I hate my job. I hate my dear friend Brad. I hate the Maple Leafs community. But none of that shit matters anymore. I've decided to let it all go. I don't worry about those things anymore. I just decided to ignore Brad's calls, half-ass my job, root for the Canes and tell the bank to f*** off. Fresh start. And a completely new mindset.

Every morning I say to myself these simple words:

Kevin. You are beautiful. You are intelligent. You matter. I love you.

And you know what? I no longer suffer from anxiety or depression. It's awesome.

Fellas. If you can't justify some of the things you did in the past, just ignore them. Give yourself a fresh start. Start loving yourselves, one day at a time. And who knows, maybe some day y'all will love yourselves like I love myself. Overcoming depression, dark thoughts and your mistakes from years ago is important. Allow yourself to forgive yourself for the horrible things you've done. I don't let the Kevin from ten years ago define the Kevin I am today. Neither should you. Just repeat after me:

I love myself.

Loving yourself one day at a time... it's the path towards happines and glory. I will be the Prime Minister of Canada some day. I will reconnect with my kids. I will. Because I believe in myself and I love myself, and I know that anything is possible if you just don't want to kill yourself the every other minute.

-Kevin

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
635.jpg

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
You are trash. "Bruh". What the **** is wrong with youth these days? Disrespecting the elderly like that.

bruh

you literally can't come at me and judge me being in your state

a. it's not healthy to judge others loaded with no facts
b. you are admitting to the world you are trash - don't project that on me
c. it's not my fault you are alky trash

I'm just here to reinforce your own internalized ideology. you are trash. do something about it.

f***ing alky

Sep 19, 2008
bruh

you literally can't come at me and judge me being in your state

a. it's not healthy to judge others loaded with no facts
b. you are admitting to the world you are trash - don't project that on me
c. it's not my fault you are alky trash

I'm just here to reinforce your own internalized ideology. you are trash. do something about it.

****ing alky

dude help me with regular expressions in python

member 157595

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Seems like you're reliant entirely on duck-typing and are not checking return values. Are you using re.compile or are you skipping that step? A compiled regex that cannot find a match in your input string will return None, which you can easily check for with a basic conditional block.

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Good, Kevs

but get off the alky. there's lots of better stuff to be addicted to. I chose heroin. Now I choose kratom.

I'm not an addict. I don't use drugs. I just drink too much, too often. And sometimes I do stupid things while under influence. I don't have too many friends. They say that I need to get my shit together. But the way I see it, they are the ones with a problem, not me. If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.

Sep 19, 2008
Seems like you're reliant entirely on duck-typing and are not checking return values. Are you using re.compile or are you skipping that step? A compiled regex that cannot find a match in your input string will return None, which you can easily check for with a basic conditional block.

I don't speak nerd

Speak english

member 157595

I don't speak nerd

Speak english

No offense intended, but if you legitimately didn't understand what I said you clearly don't program for a living. If you're just f***ing around (which is fine), then just use Stack Overflow and be done with it.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad