Online Series: Love Is Blind

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Wife watches it so I have tuned in. That Gia girl is f***ed. Totally hijacks her guy's proposal and is literally a roller coaster of emotions each episode. Pretty sure they are both actors as well

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I just watched an episode with the girlfriend. She's pretty into the Bachelor stuff so we pretty much just compared it to that the entire time.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Girlfriend is hooked and trying to get me to watch it. She’s actually huddled under a blanket next to me watching right now.

the concept is garbage and it makes me sad for humanity that this stuff exists.

Reactions: shello

Love

Feb 29, 2012
upload_2020-3-2_20-35-23.jpeg

Lmao

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
This is definitely not my cup of tea usually but I got home one night at the end of the first episode where Cameron and Lauren were about to meet (which I 10000% stan, folks). She told me the concept. I sat down and said, "Start it from the top."

I told my wife GiGi was the type of girl I'd be absolutely crazy over for like two weeks and then I'd realize she's insane. It's basically what happened with her and Damian.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
This is definitely not my cup of tea usually but I got home one night at the end of the first episode where Cameron and Lauren were about to meet (which I 10000% stan, folks). She told me the concept. I sat down and said, "Start it from the top."

I told my wife GiGi was the type of girl I'd be absolutely crazy over for like two weeks and then I'd realize she's insane. It's basically what happened with her and Damian.

Damien has a lot of red flags as well. They're both crazy and just all over the place, but she takes it to another level

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I had a different perspective on the show once I read that the contestants were basically ‘forced’ to take the engagement to the wedding day to dramatic purposes

Jessica has said in an interview she tried to back out earlier but they pressured her to stay on to the end.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I had a different perspective on the show once I read that the contestants were basically ‘forced’ to take the engagement to the wedding day to dramatic purposes

Jessica has said in an interview she tried to back out earlier but they pressured her to stay on to the end.
Not sure if I believe her, but I wouldn't be surprised. They did let that one couple leave after one night in Mexico, so I don't know how hard they "pressured" Jessica to stay.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Yeah, Jessica isn't someone whose word I would really trust. Remember how shocked and disgusted she was that Barnett thought she was trying one last chance to get with him, she would never do that in a thousand years! when that's exactly what she was doing?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wife and I were sucked in immediately from the previews. We love trash reality tv and this fit the bill. Apparently there's a reunion episode dropping this week and Amber goes at Jessica.

Also have seen many people calling Jessica by her new nickname of "Messica" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
As others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure there was a contractual agreement that if they were to get engaged, they had to stay together until the wedding day. Of course the producers would want this because if they were able to leave at any time, it is possible they end up with no one on the wedding day. Also, additional couples got engaged but they were not brought to Mexico because the show only prepared for 5 couples, they were shocked at how many they got. They also probably allowed Diamond and Carlton to split and leave because there were obviously a possibility things would get physical.

In the end, I honestly think Kelly was the worst person. She was all over Kenny from the very beginning, saying she is so physically attracted to him and never showed Kenny any doubt. Then a week before the weddings she all of a sudden tells her friends that she was never physically attracted to him? Like what, she led him on the entire time. Unlike Jessica, who told Mark multiple times that she wasn't 100% in it. Also, Mark is dumb as bricks and is just a simp and a yes man. He would do literally anything Jessica told him. The whole age issue with Jessica, I believe its more of a lifestyle difference. Mark is still living with roommates and is a "fitness instructor" while Jessica is making 6 figures. Also, Jessica's last boyfriend was 41, and now she is dating a 24 year old. Thats a 17 year age difference in people, the whole dynamic and lifestyle of those two relationships would be completely different. I understand where she is coming from. Still, she was a shitty person throughout the entire show but brought amazing TV.

Lauren and Cameron are great. Its rare to see two normal people go on this show and find success. Gia made it seem like this entire show was an audition for future acting gigs and it was horrible.

I have to say though, this show has produced some of the best memes I have ever seen.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
There definitely was some kind of agreement in place. Netflix wasn't going to front the bill for airfare, hotel rooms, apartments, venues/restaurants, etc. without some guarantees that they'd get footage. Would have loved to hear about some of the other contestants that weren't part of the 2nd half of the show and know if any more couples are still together. I also saw they randomly chose 6 couples but I don't think they chose them as randomly as they say.

Mark is definitely swimming in it now. Smartest thing to do was go on this show, especially with his age. He didn't find love on the show, but he's going to have plenty of chicks now. Plus, I'm sure his personal training business increased exponentially.

Gi and Damian are both just super odd. Their interactions just seemed so weird and so non-realistic. Wouldn't be surprised if she was in it for the social media following.

Kenny did the classic, "Yeah bro we hooked up" line in Mexico just to fit in with the boys and he gets friend zoned. Poor guy.

If I took a shot for every line of, "We connect on a *insert buzz word here* level" I'd be wasted each episode.

Thoughts on the reunion show:

Messica looked like she aged another 5 years despite the caked on makeup. She looks like she's already in her mid 40s. Really wanted to see them bring up her giving her dog wine :laugh:

Diamond/Carlton apology interaction started off okay but ended up cringeworthy. That "friendship" ring idea made me want to collapse into my couch. So. Much. Cringe.

Kelly still STINKS. Her answers made zero sense. Glad Kenny moved on and has a GF. Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly isn't into men but is afraid to say it.

So many rehearsed bs lines by everyone. I hate how everyone has to have some deep/philosophical answer to all the questions. Would love to see more "Amber" people on the show if they go another season. Want some more blunt answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad