Lousy @%^&*! scheduling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
WHY are all four games on Thursday?! WHY?! How about 2 Thursday, two Fiday, so everyone can see all of them, hey? Instead we'll get Canada and Slovakia and the US and, um, Czechs, I think. Grrrrreaaatttt... except that I've been dying to see Russia play and they haven't been televised once. Guess I can hope they beat Finland
so I can see them in the semis. :dunno:

arumiat

Aug 21, 2004
London - UK
i guess it'll provide an advantage to the team that plays first as theyll have more time off before the semis to recuperate. Thats probably why.

Oil_slick9416*

arumiat said:
i guess it'll provide an advantage to the team that plays first as theyll have more time off before the semis to recuperate. Thats probably why.

well that and the russians play in vienna...tsn wouldn't be shoing any russian games anyway. canada and russia are in 2 different cities thats why only teams in canada's pool were shown on TSN.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
shakes said:
Well I'm enjoying watching my team play every single game, but thanks for the insight.

Me too. TSN could show some Russia games, but we all knew that wouldn't happen before hand.

Captain Leaf

Pretty pathetic when a CANADIAN sports station is getting critisized for NOT showing other countries games ..will the Canada bashing EVER end????

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
The only reproach I have to make to TSN is that they doesn't have enough re-diffusion. For the U18 it was great because NHL NEtwork showed all the games twice a day, but the quaterfinal #2 will only be shown once, and the one with Canada will be seen twice.

But IMO the Miller-McGuire (sorry Pierre, I can't spell your name) is a very good duo. When you're used to hear Pierre Houde and Yvon Pedneault, you find those guys fun!

BHLCommish

Apr 9, 2004
TSN is crap, they could easily put a crew in the other rink, or have shipped Maguire and company over there, really, who wants to see Finland and Latvia, Canada versus Ukraine and Slovenia, and garbage like that. They should at least be showing the Russia or the Czech game tomorrow, but nope.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
This is only a problem of those in Canada and a few other countries which purchased only partial media coverage.

For those of us elsewhere (Canadian working in South Korea here!) there's mediazone: scheduling is no problem. I simply watch one game and the other at the same time I watch later "on demand". I've seen every game by every team in the tourney and it's been worth every penny! a lot of close games.

Captain Leaf said:
Pretty pathetic when a CANADIAN sports station is getting critisized for NOT showing other countries games ..will the Canada bashing EVER end????
Stop barking captain. Hockey is our national sport. We feel we should be able to see the best teams play our favourite sport and in this tourney that hasn't been possible!! Slovakia's second line has looked amazing (Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa), and the team outplayed the Russians yet lost a close game, Mezin's goaltending for Belarus has been remarkable, Russia's individual talents have been hustling (Kovalev, Malkin and Datsyuk have looked very good! Kovalchuk, Afinogenov, Yashin are busting their gut trying to surge toward the net but being effectively turned aside - most of the time), and the Czechs have been doing everything right.

TSN chose not to purchase other games in the tourney and many Canadians have been deprived of great hockey as a result (during a lockout no less!), so fans of the sport don't need to tote the patriotic line and only take a myopic look at the nation's team exclusively.

Similarly, mediazone should have split pricing packages, perhaps allowing for customers for non-televised games at higher price rates. As for scheduling, games at the same time pose no problem for "on demand" viewing. The problem is that the option isn't available in Canada and the so-called sports network chose to televise only a few games of the tourney. Shame on TSN! Next time get it right!

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Jeez, TSN shows more games this year than any other year and people still are whining. How many games did we get way back when CBC had the rights? Not even all of Canada's games is the answer.

Trent

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
VanIslander said:
... Russia's individual talents have been hustling (Kovalev, Malkin and Datsyuk have looked very good! Kovalchuk, Afinogenov, Yashin are busting their gut trying to surge toward the net but being effectively turned aside - most of the time) ...

I agree with you about Yashin, but Afinogenov especially seems to get past the defensemen almost at will.. He just can't put it in the net. Max pulls out 3-4 mind boggling plays EVERY game, including some brilliant set-ups to Malkin but somehow he still doesn't have a point. He looks so god damn good out there, but he sucks so much at finishing! Remember the game where he missed TWO empty nets on rebounds from Ovechkin shots?

Kovalchuk has stopped trying to surge the net non-stop since Zino arrived, and is playing a lot better (more passes, more effective rushes and has finally started to look dangerous when he's on the ice). He was pretty bad in the first couple of games though.

I think Kovalev has been one of the worst at surging towards the net and getting neutralized easily in the last few games..

(sorry to take this off-topic, but there isn't really any other thread that this would be suited in and I don't think it'll stir up much of a discussion anyway.)

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
markov` said:
Does France shows ALL THE GAMES! of the Soccer World Cup?
I wouldn't be surpised if they did. I know Germany does it and France is not behind when it comes to liking soccer. Oh, and I know that Norway does it, and they are not known for being a soccer nation.

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
wilka91 said:
tsn sucks anyway

:shakehead compare it with Russian TV.

Russian TV doesn't show Canada-Slovakia and Sweden-Switzerland

They didn't show WJC U-18 and WJC U-20 last years (only on the special paid channel)

So,Russian TV sucks many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad