Louis Leblanc vs. Jeremy Morin

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Who is the better prospect?

Who will have the better, more offensive career?

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?

Yes, it's for a keeper fantasy hockey league :)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Who is the better prospect?

Who will have the better, more offensive career?

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?

Yes, it's for a keeper fantasy hockey league :)

Hawk fan here, so I'm gonna go with who I know.

Morin.

Morin's strength are his shot, ability to get open, and his overall offensive ability. His weaknesses (which are improving, and have improved quite a bit) are his skating, and defensive play.

I would suspect that Jeremy Morin on a line with Toews and Kane or Hossa next season would be able to do some damage offensively.

He looked very good in his call-ups this season, and didn't look out of place at all. He has an NHL shot, very hard and accurate and a great one-timer.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Morin will probably be a bit better offensively, but Leblanc will be more of the complete player and used in more situations..

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
My initial response was to pick Morin.....but I say Leblanc.
Having to play under the Bowmans could be career suicide for a young player. Scotty Bowman would kill a young players career if it means an extra pat on the back for him. I just about choked when I saw Bowman drop the puck at the recent WJHC.

I know I'll ruffle a ton of feathers with that statement above but I'll stand 100% behind it!

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I think Leblanc will be the more complete player. Probably a number two centre.

Morin is a scorer and in the Chicago system he may be best primed to play now on one of Chicago's top lines with the likes of Kane, Sharp, Toews etc.

For fantasy i would take Morin because he is ready now and will play in a top six role, possibly next season.

Leblanc will be brought a long slowly and could be better. But Morin is the safe choice.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not a Morin fan at all. Don't think he has any real hockey smarts and is a relatively limited player, overall. He's got a great shot but that's about it, unfortunately.

If Morin actually puts it together he might outscore Leblanc. I would be surprised, but he's got the offensive potential to do damage in the right situation.

SeriousFan09

Jul 15, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
My initial response was to pick Morin.....but I say Leblanc.
Having to play under the Bowmans could be career suicide for a young player. Scotty Bowman would kill a young players career if it means an extra pat on the back for him. I just about choked when I saw Bowman drop the puck at the recent WJHC.

I know I'll ruffle a ton of feathers with that statement above but I'll stand 100% behind it!

HOFers Ken Dryden, Larry Robinson, Steve Shutt, Bob Gainey and Guy Lafleur did pretty well coming up under Bowman I understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad