Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
step-brothers-doubleknockout_01.gif

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
Good. Fabbri hasn't been very good lately. I like how Berube is grilling up our sacred cows.

You want to change the culture you need to hold guys accountable. Fabbri and JE are perceived to be big part of our future. They need to be better.
While I agree with the premise, hes only played in 18 games in the last 2 years. Its going to take time for him to get back into the swing of things. I don't like seeing him sit games when hes healthy. He needs to be on the ice developing.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Where did you see Fabs is out? Are we rolling 7 d, or is Blais, who was just called up, playing? Bozak is out with an injury, so we only have 12 forwards not counting Blais.
Jim Thomas tweeted it. Blais won't join the team until Tuesday in STL so looks like we're rolling 7 D again.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
While I agree with the premise, hes only played in 18 games in the last 2 years. Its going to take time for him to get back into the swing of things. I don't like seeing him sit games when hes healthy. He needs to be on the ice developing.
And in thoe 18 games he hasn't looked good. Maybe he is injured again? :laugh:

Reactions: Bendak

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I get that he took two penalties in the last game, but I think scratching Fabbri is pretty dumb. When the rest of the team was sleepwalking through the last half of the Islanders game, he was really the only one who was out there working hard and playing with jump. I'd rather have 12 Fabbris out there than to bring Maroon back into the lineup.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Forwards
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Steen - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Thomas - Maroon
Barbashev - Sundqvist
Defense
Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Edmundson
Goalie
Binnington

Also I have a pretty solid record of posting on losing days, so I guess i'm on team tank now

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Or maybe Binnington really needs to take a leak and he goes into the locker room. Allen emerges, instantly gives up a softie on the first shoot. Then Binnington comes back, we lose 0-1. Everyone's happy.
Blues score an own-goal on a delayed penalty with Binnington pulled. Maybe do it twice for good measure. Binnington gives up zero goals, but Blues lose.

In seriousness, I can't root for the Blues to lose to begin with, but I sure as hell am going to pull for them hard in front of a rookie goalie making his first start. Binnington deserves the best they can give him. This is probably his one and only shot at an NHL career, this stretch of games coming up.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Jordan Binnington, simple request for you. We’re just going to need you to be our Hamburgler for the rest of the season, beginning tonight. That’s all.
I want one of two things from Binnington:
Play like an emerging Patrick Roy
or beat the crap out of someone, either team. Sanford looks like a chump.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Fabbri gets a pass on this season for me, but that doesn't mean he plays every game. He has to get back to full strength, this year was always going to be kind of meh because of his knee, but he still has hockey things to work on.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
the bromance of eddy and fabbri is going to be moving to another team soon
Hopefully they take this as wake up call and raise their game. They both have more to give and I think they will. Otherwise they are playing themselves right out of our future.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I get that he took two penalties in the last game, but I think scratching Fabbri is pretty dumb. When the rest of the team was sleepwalking through the last half of the Islanders game, he was really the only one who was out there working hard and playing with jump. I'd rather have 12 Fabbris out there than to bring Maroon back into the lineup.

This is a great point. Sometimes stupid penalties come from trying to up the forecheck because your teammates are loafing. See David Perron. What we need from both players is energy and that can cause more minor penalties. Not always the case but certainly worth mentioning. Hate to say it but this is more likely Fabri body needing some rest. Could have been planned all along with Maroon who's back could be barking. I get that Bozek is unsuspected but how are we short a forward again? I just don't get these guys.

P.s Nice to hear Blaise is coming back up.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Blues score an own-goal on a delayed penalty with Binnington pulled. Maybe do it twice for good measure. Binnington gives up zero goals, but Blues lose.[/B]

In seriousness, I can't root for the Blues to lose to begin with, but I sure as hell am going to pull for them hard in front of a rookie goalie making his first start. Binnington deserves the best they can give him. This is probably his one and only shot at an NHL career, this stretch of games coming up.

That's the only way I could think of it; have a shutout and a loss. Something similar actually happened to Mike Murphy:

"An NHL goalie is credited with a loss when he’s the goalie of record when the winning goal is scored against him. In theory, that makes it pretty darn difficult to lose a game without, you know, giving up a goal. Difficult, yes, but not impossible, as a guy named Mike Murphy proved in 2011.
Murphy is still an active player, most recently seen plying his trade in Austria. But at this point, he has only two career NHL games on his résumé.

That’s right: Murphy has never allowed a goal in the big leagues, and yet is somehow the proud owner of an NHL loss.

During a game against the Flames on December 6, 2011, Carolina starter Cam Ward gave up six goals before being pulled in the third period. Murphy, the backup that night, went in to mop up with his team down 6-3. The Hurricanes scored to trim the deficit to two goals, and it stayed that way until the team pulled Murphy for an extra attacker in the dying minutes. It didn’t work; the Flames scored into the empty net to make it 7-4 and ice the game.

So far, so good. But then the Hurricanes scored two goals in the final minute to make things interesting. It was too little, too late, and the Flames won the game by a final score of 7-6. But because of the comeback, that seventh Flames goal — the one scored into an empty net — ended up being the winner. And because Murphy was the goalie of record at the time, he took the loss, even though he wasn’t on the ice."

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Forwards
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Steen - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Thomas - Maroon
Barbashev - Sundqvist
Defense
Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Edmundson
Goalie
Binnington

Also I have a pretty solid record of posting on losing days, so I guess i'm on team tank now

Combined with your avatar and where the blues are in the standings, i found this all very funny.

As for that lineup, ehhhh....

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
We're still hypothetically in it enough that I can't bring myself to root for losses yet. I can embrace a full-blown-cheer-for-losses-tank, but not at the 40 game mark when the pre-season expectations were playoffs. Especially with a rookie goalie in net. I want the team trying to win games (even though I don't want management doing anything support that if it doesn't help the team after this season) and I'd rather watch for positives than actively root against the team.

I'm not too upset by losses at this point in the year, but I'm still turning on the TV hoping to see positives and some fight more than I'm hoping to see a team roll over. I think identifying the issues is a more important use of the season than a draft pick. I'd rather find a core of guys working their ass off and trying to win games at this point. The decision to trade and potential return for Petro/Tarasenko/Schenn/Schwartz/Parayko trades are more important to this franchise than picking 4th instead of 9th. I have no delusions that this team is winning a lottery and getting either of the slam dunk studs in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->