Loui Eriksson?

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418998

Larry Brooks of the New York Post speculates on whether the Dallas Stars will embrace a rebuild before the trade deadline. He wonders, not whether players like Jaromir*Jagr will be made available, but whether the Stars will really look to overhaul their roster by making Loui*Eriksson available.

Yes please!

4.25 cap hit through 15/16

What would DAL want?

What would you give up?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Larry Brooks of the New York Post speculates on whether the Dallas Stars will embrace a rebuild before the trade deadline. He wonders, not whether players like Jaromir*Jagr will be made available, but whether the Stars will really look to overhaul their roster by making Loui*Eriksson available.

Yes please!

What would DAL want?

What would you give up?

Too much.... Krejci + , maybe Seguin...Maybe Hamilton....

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham

Yes please!

What would DAL want?

What would you give up?

Honestly Krejci + 1st + Knight. That's roughly the value. Good goal production plus Selke-like responsibility and he's a big body.

Two of my favorite players in the league(Bergy and Eriksson) on the same team??? Yes please!

Won't happen though. Cost is too high.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Larry Brooks of the New York Post speculates on whether the Dallas Stars will embrace a rebuild before the trade deadline. He wonders, not whether players like Jaromir Jagr will be made available, but whether the Stars will really look to overhaul their roster by making Loui Eriksson available.

If the Stars do, Brooks says the New York Rangers would be very interested in making a deal

For a reporter he sure does campaign for the Ranger alot.:p:

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
No, not for what it would cost to get him.

This team has players that can make passes and play a sound defensive game, both of which is what he'd bring to the team. If Chiarelli is going to get a highly skilled player, I'd much rather have one that's a true goal scorer, and not going in a downwards trend in terms of goals over the past 4-5 years.

He's a very good player, but I'd much rather have a true goal scorer than pretty much another Bergeron (who's great, but isn't a pure scorer).

GodTukka*

I really doubt Dallas moves him.

Outside of Benn and him what do they have? Not sure if i'd want my team carried into the new era by the likes of a fossilized Ray Whitney, Cody Eakin and Scott Glennie

Benn and Eriksson are plenty young enough where you can keep them and build around them

I have a feeling Nieuwendyk might not have been the best choice for GM

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I really doubt Dallas moves him.

Outside of Benn and him what do they have? Not sure if i'd want my team carried into the new era by the likes of a fossilized Ray Whitney, Cody Eakin and Scott Glennie

Benn and Eriksson are plenty young enough where you can keep them and build around them

I have a feeling Nieuwendyk might not have been the best choice for GM

IDK looks like he is getting a darn good Dman prospect for broken down Brendan Morrow.

That might up the cost on Iginla.

Kaoz*

Larry Brooks is a tool and about as accurate as Mr Magoo.

Eriksson is just 27, is a hell of a 3 zone player, is signed to an absolutely sweetheart deal and probably one of the last guys the Stars would move off their roster.

In the event Nieuwendyk had a brain aneurysm and decided to trade him the price would be ridiculous and well worth it.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham

Eriksson is just 27, is a hell of a 3 zone player, is signed to an absolutely sweetheart deal and probably one of the last guys the Stars would move off their roster.

In the event Nieuwendyk had a brain aneurysm and decided to trade him the price would be ridiculous and well worth it.

This, all of this, is true. Brooks is an idiot and Torts fanboy.

GodTukka*

IDK looks like he is getting a darn good Dman prospect for broken down Brendan Morrow.

That might up the cost on Iginla.

I feel like he only got Joe Morrow because the market is absurdly high right now, if this wasn't a shortened season there's no way you get more then a mid range prospect and maybe a 4th for him.

Shero's no moron either.

Most of Newie's moves have been kind of puzzling (Signing Whitney, who by all accounts was solid last year but is no way worth 4+ million at 40+ years old, trading for Derek Roy without assuring you could re-sign him, not giving Jamie Benn a deal right away)

I didn't like the Jagr move either but his merch is apparently a hot seller, which is good for a team who was owned by a guy who was bankrupt a couple years back

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden

I agree, this sounds really strange. I get that they may look to rebuild, but in my eyes Eriksson is the exact kind of player you want to keep around. Ah well, weirder things have happened.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

This.

Eriksson should be the piece they build around. Bergeron on the wing type player. They need to get a stud center to pair with him.

GMJN should be fired if LE is moved for anything less than a kings ransome.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
would love to snatch up Eriksson, but the question his what is he going to command for a return...It's not worth uprooting our entire organization for one good player. I doubt there's anyway they would even consider Horton for Eriksson, Itd probably take a roster player + high level prospect + pick(s)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->