Loui Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Whats his upside? How many points can he put up in his prome? Who in the NHL does he compare to? How long do you think he is from reaching the NHL? Any info would be appreciated :)

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
From what i've heard Loui is coming along quite nicely.He play on the same swedish team (Vastra Frolunda) as leafs prospect Alex Steen.He put up very similar numbers to what Steen did in 02/03 as an 18 year old.I've never seen him play a shift but most of what i've read and heard sounds very good.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
Chaos said:
Whats his upside? How many points can he put up in his prome? Who in the NHL does he compare to? How long do you think he is from reaching the NHL? Any info would be appreciated :)

IMO he is the top prospect in Sweden right now. He has the size, skills, and right attitude to become a very good player in the NHL. He is another 2-3 years away from the NHL, he needs to get a lot stronger and work on his game away from the puck.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Mr. Zzzz said:
IMO he is the top prospect in Sweden right now. He has the size, skills, and right attitude to become a very good player in the NHL. He is another 2-3 years away from the NHL, he needs to get a lot stronger and work on his game away from the puck.

Not to doubt your opinion..as you know the SEL well, I'm curious why you see him as being better than Steen who i've seen few times and looks good and is 1 year ahead in development.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Mr. Zzzz said:

So you see him ahead of Steen...interesting. Does that mean you think he's a better player than Steen now, or that he has a higher upside?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Chaos said:
So you see him ahead of Steen...interesting. Does that mean you think he's a better player than Steen now, or that he has a higher upside?

I can answer that question for him. Steen is without a doubt the better player now, he is pretty much (well I expect him to be) a 30-40 point player this season with top 2 line ice time, while Eriksson unless he gets a major break will score 15-20 points IMO. Eriksson is however a year younger.

As for upside I think they are very close. Steen is a can't miss prospect, while Eriksson could perhaps become a more productive player (point wise) in the NHL.

If you'd combine the two.. you'd have one heck of a player :)
- Eriksson's skating
- Eriksson's goal scoring ability
- Eriksson's play along the boards
- Eriksson's size
- Steen's mean streak
- Steen's playmaking ability
- Steen's hockey sense
- Steen's technical skills
- Steen's maturity

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:
I can answer that question for him. Steen is without a doubt the better player now, he is pretty much (well I expect him to be) a 30-40 point player this season with top 2 line ice time, while Eriksson unless he gets a major break will score 15-20 points IMO. Eriksson is however a year younger.

As for upside I think they are very close. Steen is a can't miss prospect, while Eriksson could perhaps become a more productive player (point wise) in the NHL.

- Eriksson's skating
- Eriksson's size
- Steen's mean streak
- Steen's hockey sense
- Steen's maturity
Thanks for your analysis...seems like the consensus is Eriksson has a bit more upside (but a bit riskier too. - relative to Steen..thus also a possible downside)....I like both and agree theyre very close.... but who would I take right now - Steen - I've seen too often the one with higher upside not reach that level....if I weer to guess i think both may have 70 point potential in the NHL - hope they prove me right :)

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
Predatore said:

- Eriksson's skating
- Eriksson's size
- Steen's mean streak
- Steen's hockey sense
- Steen's maturity

Right on the spot Preds! :bow: :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.