Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't see them rushing him back-the team got burned by rushing Savard back and Savard was burned the most.

I think the frustration with concussion is that it is often a one step forward two steps back thing. I think the Bruins medical staff is now very cautious about return from concussion. Just knowing how hard the recovery has been for Savard I would rather see them wait.

Hopefully Eriksson will have a quick, full recovery but that hit was pretty nasty.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
yeah i don't think there's a team that is better equipped to deal with concussions, both from a medical experience perspective and a depth perspective, than this one.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Coach on Loui Eriksson: "still doing okay...as predicted, he's taking some steps in the right direction here" ^CS

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 4m

Loui Eriksson (out indefinitely, concussion) took the exertion test and has started working out. "still a day to day process" ^CS

Huge step for Loui and great news. I know he wasn't putting up the points before the hit, but I think he was creating a lot of chances. I definitely think they've missed having him in the lineup. Smith I think doesn't have a point since Loui got hurt.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If things go well with the exertion tests we may see him before the middle of November-I still think we don't see him until closer to thanksgiving.

Good to know things are moving in the right direction for him-hopefully he continues to progress.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Concussions are a funny thing. George Parros was wheeled of on a stretcher and he's skating with the Canadiens. Meanwhile who knows how long Loui will be out for - Could be more.......could be less.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Going back to trying to find a new and unique way for a team to have to pay long term for having a Cooke, Torres, and even a John Scott shortening or worst than that ending a players career.
I don't know if this has been suggested before but how about, besides penalizing and suspending a goon and his coach/GM
I'd like to see the offending teams first thru 5th round pick(s)
being awarded to the injured players team... I don't know how
the pick would be determined and also if it would be for just one year or for
more than one but this nonsense needs to end.

thoughts?:help:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Going back to trying to find a new and unique way for a team to have to pay long term for having a Cooke, Torres, and even a John Scott shortening or worst than that ending a players career.
I don't know if this has been suggested before but how about, besides penalizing and suspending a goon and his coach/GM
I'd like to see the offending teams first thru 5th round pick(s)
being awarded to the injured players team... I don't know how
the pick would be determined and also if it would be for just one year or for
more than one but this nonsense needs to end.

thoughts?:help:

all good stuff, the ultimate way to rid these toolboxes is to simply not sign em;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Concussions are a funny thing. George Parros was wheeled of on a stretcher and he's skating with the Canadiens. Meanwhile who knows how long Loui will be out for - Could be more.......could be less.

I have endured two, one being categorized as the mildest of concussions, the other, the most severe, ironically, I continued to show symptoms longer with the mild one

It`s an inexact science when it comes to how long it takes to recover for sure

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=22160 Louie has got permission to start working out, cool things are happening

...and this was recently posted:

HUcfyUG.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

My husband is currently recovering from a pretty significant concussion (work related not hockey). His neurologist said that often recovery time is related to the region of the brain affected and how severely things were injured. Loss of consciousness doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Concussions are scary and there is no way to put a time line for recovery on them. Better to wait them out and be sure they are ready than to rush them back and end up ending a career.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Eriksson is skating with the team today in Long Island.
Good news indeed.

Great news.

He may be closer than we realized.

Gonna be some huge decisions for Julien and the FO to make if Spooner keeps playing well when Louie returns.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I had a feeling he'd be cleared for skating shortly after the Scott decision. I don't think it was a coincidence that he passed the tests the day after Shanny's ruling. Good GMsmanship by Chia.

Welcome back, Loui!

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I doubt we'll see these lines but boy do they given us four strong and versatile lines.

Hate to see Thornton sitting out but with the exception of a couple of teams ( buffalo, Philly) this line-up makes a lot of sense

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Lucic Krejci Iginla
Yeti Bergeron Loui
Marchand Spooner Kelly
Paille Campbell Smith

I like that lineup... although i'm not sure Reilly Smith has done anything to deserve a demotion from the 2nd line to the 4th line, at least not yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Smith-Bergy-Eriksson line back together for a period to see if they can pick up where they left off. I feel like they were just starting to really gel as a group when Loui got injured.

They weren't quite lighting up the scoreboard, but the chemistry seemed to be building and the chances were there. Too early to see how that line would/will pan out.

Still, overall i like your proposed lineup and i'd suggest as a possible alternative:

KIL
Smith-Bergy-Eriksson*
Soderberg-Spooner-Marchand*
Paille-Kelly-Campbell

**Marchand and Smith could be swapped back and forth over the course of the season.

Soderberg-Spooner-Smith might be a quality 3rd line which would allow Brad to play with Bergy/Eriksson on the 2nd (at least once he finds his game)... but Spooner would have to demonstrate himself as an established fixture at 3rd line center for that proposed S/S/S lineup to work.

We shall see. All of these lineups assume that Caron and Thornton will be the "odd men out" should Spooner prove he belongs and once Eriksson is ready for regular minutes again on the 2nd line.

I find myself appreciating what Loui Eriksson brought/brings to the table now that we've seen an obvious decline in the 2nd line's performance after we lost him. He was playing well with Bergy and looked like their chemistry was only improving as the early season progressed.

Sometimes you don't appreciate players (or anything in life, for that matter) as much until you see how things pan out once they are gone.

IMO Smith has been a pleasant surprise to come out of the Seguin trade. I like what the kid brings as a top-9 forward, but putting him on the 4th line should not automatically be out of the question... at least not yet.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I like that lineup... although i'm not sure Reilly Smith has done anything to deserve a demotion from the 2nd line to the 4th line, at least not yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Smith-Bergy-Eriksson line back together for a period to see if they can pick up where they left off. I feel like they were just starting to really gel as a group when Loui got injured.

They weren't quite lighting up the scoreboard, but the chemistry seemed to be building and the chances were there. Too early to see how that line would/will pan out.

Still, overall i like your proposed lineup and i'd suggest as a possible alternative:

KIL
Smith-Bergy-Eriksson*
Soderberg-Spooner-Marchand*
Paille-Kelly-Campbell

**Marchand and Smith could be swapped back and forth over the course of the season.

Soderberg-Spooner-Smith might be a quality 3rd line which would allow Brad to play with Bergy/Eriksson on the 2nd (at least once he finds his game)... but Spooner would have to demonstrate himself as an established fixture at 3rd line center for that proposed S/S/S lineup to work.

We shall see. All of these lineups assume that Caron and Thornton will be the "odd men out" should Spooner prove he belongs and once Eriksson is ready for regular minutes again on the 2nd line.

I find myself appreciating what Loui Eriksson brought/brings to the table now that we've seen an obvious decline in the 2nd line's performance after we lost him. He was playing well with Bergy and looked like their chemistry was only improving as the early season progressed.

Sometimes you don't appreciate players (or anything in life, for that matter) as much until you see how things pan out once they are gone.

IMO Smith has been a pleasant surprise to come out of the Seguin trade. I like what the kid brings as a top-9 forward, but putting him on the 4th line should not automatically be out of the question... at least not yet.

I like Kelly's veteran presence and defensive prowess on the 3rd line, alongside relatively newbies in Söderberg and Spooner. Smith unfortunately would be the logical choice to replace Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad